Lollipop 5.1 update
Don3680
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anybody get the lollipop 5.1 update or is it a fairy tale?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lollipop 5.1 update
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The update on my Turbo was NOT a disaster.  Some of the changes take getting used to but no worse than getting anew phone and relearning where everything is ...  A system cache clear did help with a couple of minor issues I was having.  I still love the Turbo, it's one of the better phones I've had over the years!!

Clear Cache Partition

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sullivanevan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Once upon a time......

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

When it is released, it is released in phases.  You can manually check for updates from Phone settings or try the Vzw Software Update Assistant to try to get it before it is auto-OTA-pushed.

0 Likes
Eddiear
Contributor - Level 1

Paraphrasing an old GI cliche:

"What's the difference between a fairy tale and a Verizon promise?"

"One begins, Once upon a time.., and the other, This ain't no b#!!$%&(. "

theRitzy1

Just got the update.  It is a disaster.  Highly recommend that you do not update. Battery life dramatically compromised.  Speed on basic functions (e.g. contacts reduced). Basic controls (e.g. unlocking screen, turning off phone ringer) changed from one step to two.   I have two phones.  After installing the update on one, I am absolutely NOT going to install it on the other.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The update on my Turbo was NOT a disaster.  Some of the changes take getting used to but no worse than getting anew phone and relearning where everything is ...  A system cache clear did help with a couple of minor issues I was having.  I still love the Turbo, it's one of the better phones I've had over the years!!

Clear Cache Partition

0 Likes