Lollipop crashing my phone?
Lkramer33

I am new to smartphones, but I've had tablets for years, so I'm not completely naive when it comes to electronics. I got my DROID TURBO on Wednesday and just did the new iOS Lollipop 5.1 (I think) update last night. My phone is almost completely unusable right now. If I'm browsing the internet, the screen will freeze up. I can't go "back", or go to the home screen. After hitting these buttons a few times, the screen goes black. The menu bar and navigation bar are still lit up, but I can't do anything. This same thing happens when I try to go to settings. I wanted to verify the update I got was the Lollipop 5.1, before I asked this question, but I can't even get that far into my settings without getting the black screen.The only way I can get past this is to turn off the phone, which I've had to do at least 12 times in the last hour and twenty minutes since I woke up. 

I've also got a message saying "Warning you have (13) Virus" when getting on the internet on my phone. There is a little bit more to the message, but it's obviously written by people who don't speak English as their first language.  There were several little grammar issues. I've bypassed the message every time I got it...I probably wouldn't even be concerned with it, if this other stuff weren't going on.

Also, this is minor, but I thought I'd mention it just in case. . .Since the update, when my phone is powering up, it tells me I can only make emergency calls b/c I don't have a SIM card. This message goes away once it finds the connection.

Sorry if this is a re-post. I tired searching for this problem, but all I could find were issues with iOS Lollipop draining the battery.

Labels (2)
0 Likes