MAXX2 battery suddenly drops to 0%, powers off
aotk

Over the last couple of months, my (out-of-warranty) Droid MAXX 2 has been randomly powering down without warning. I'll be anywhere from 20% - 30% battery and a message will suddenly pop up saying my battery is at 0% and the phone will power off. Sometimes when I turn it back on it will show the real battery level and stay on, other times it'll power up showing a partial charge but then instantly drop to 0% and power off again. At that point I have to plug it in to get to to work. (When I plug it in, it always shows that it's partially charged.)

This never happens if the phone has at least a 40% charge.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: MAXX2 battery suddenly drops to 0%, powers off
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aotk, I know how important it is for you to keep that great battery life on your Droid MAXX 2. It definitely sounds like something may be going on with your device or battery.

Please follow the steps at the link below to troubleshoot the battery. This can help figure out and fix the issue. Click the common problem, "Battery drains too fast," for help with your concern. Keep us posted, and let us know how your battery does after completing this:

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes