MMS not working
murphs90
Enthusiast - Level 2

My droid maxx gave me the following error "Unfortunately Messaging has stopped" & "Unfortunately the Process com.motorola message has stopped" when send or receiving a MMS .I have troubled shooted via  verizon site with no resolve. Working perfectly fine until the evening of 5/21/2014. I have the Wifi and data on. Aairplane mode is off. Did a soft  reset. Have not downloaded any new apps . At loss and would prefer to resolve without a hard reset.

Thoughts?

Thx!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MMS not working
cheetah15
Contributor - Level 1

hi. just so you can know. i have posted and posted this. this issue you are having is not with verizon. the problem resides in motorola. The issue is from the new kitkat update on your phone. I understand your frustration and not wanting to download a 3rd party. But in doing what i have explained in my android discussion under DROID "notifications has stopped" you will be a much happier verizon customer.  Again here is a copy my Discussion.

So I've had this issue every time i turned on my data to send or receive pictures, etc... through text.

I did everything there was to do to my phone to possibly solve this problem. Even the restore. Nothing helped.

I notified motocare and this is what i did.......

1) settings/apps/all......select messaging>disable<

2) Go to Play Store....Search >messaging classsic kitkat 4.4< .....Install

Now after doing this. I waited about an hour and i decided to uninstall the "messaging classic kitkat 4.4" and re-enable my original

messaging program that came installed on my phone. AND WOW!....fingers are crossed. so far so good. It has been hours since i have done this

and i have not had any problems what-so-ever.  It must be a bug getting in somehow and disabling messaging for awhile must be killing it. who knows. but if it does happen again, i know what to do. At least until there is a FIX.

On another note, My 4G service has even actually been stronger than when i first got my phone,  since the time i have followed every step, i have explained today.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

murphs90

I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you're experience with your MMS! We definitely want to get you back up and running at 100%. Does your experience improve with WiFi off? Also, let's give this a try and test again: http://vz.to/S6kMOq

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
murphs90
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ruth, thanks for the info but no resolution.

My experience does not improve with Wi-Fi off. I have followed the step by step in regards to performing a wipe cache partition and it did not correct my issue, still getting errors messages and new one appeard " appstore has stopped" and well steps 5 & 6 contradict each other. When I do step 5 the system will reboot without the option of me selecting reboot system now. Basically when I am at this point I have the following options to select:

• reboot system now
  • apply update from sdcard
  • wipe data / factory setting
  • wipe cache partition

When I do step 4  I have to press the volume down button as the volume up button does nothing.

Are therre different instructions for the Droid Maxx?

Thanks,

Susan

0 Likes
SHADOWED69

I am having the same problems with my Maxx. It was working fine until the latest upgrade.

0 Likes
murphs90
Enthusiast - Level 2

since I was not getting resolution I decided to disable the Motorola messaging and install Verizon messaging. I guess the upgrade was verizons way of pushing consumers to use their apps instead of motorolas. My husband has the Samsung Galaxy S5 as his default messaging. is Verizons which came hardloaded to the phone. So I decided to try it  worked for me and I have to say I like better. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
catya77
Enthusiast - Level 1

I started experiencing the exact same issue, and I cannot view or send picture or video messages w/i texts since the Kit Kat upgrade.  It happens w/ Wifi & w/ 4G.

I have tried different messaging apps (including Verizon Messaging), as suggested in different forums.

I have tried uninstalling the newest apps, also suggested.

Rebooting/shutting down doesn't work either.

Altering settings, etc.

Nothing is working.

I am losing my mind.

HappyTechie
Enthusiast - Level 1

This issue has started for me today. I also had the update few days ago so I think this is related to the KitKat upgrade. I tried all that was shared above to no avail. I am very very frustrated with this issue. What's being done about this?! Something needs to be done fast!

cull165
Enthusiast - Level 2

My droid Maxx started saying " unfortunately messaging has stopped working". This has happened even when I wasn't testing. Its not hangouts, I was just using regular text messaging. I tried to update all apps, factory reset and took to Verizon store. They sent me a replacement phone yesterday and I updated all apps and it started the same thing today. I will be calling Verizon tomorrow.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cull165,

No need to call, I can help you here! Prior to the issue, did you recently download any new applications? After completing the factory reset did you download all of your exisiting applications?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twiiter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cull165
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not download any new applications. When I did the factory reset I

didn't download my old apps cause I was told they might be the reason. I'm

not sure why customer service thinks this issue is because one person

downloaded an app. Ive been to Verizon stores and online and its a lot of

people having the same problem. Once I got a replacement phone I didn't