Re: MMS not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details cull165. A factory reset without a restore is the final troubleshooting step before a replacement. You have completed both steps. How are your other apps working? Tried any different messaging apps via the Play Store? Can you send or receive any messages at all?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
cull165
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't tried any other messaging apps. This is the one that was on the

phone and I'm not going to try to download a 3rd party one from the Play

Store because the original one that should be working is failing. my other

apps seem to be fine but my messaging still stops and I constantly don't

receive messages and sometimes can't send them. I still have my old at&t

phone and am about to go up and get a plan from them so I can at least text

and have reliable service. If their service is as good as they claim I may

possibly pay my termination fees here and sign back up there. I changed

from at&t cause you guys had better service where I was working at but now

my oilfield company is coming down this way so I can go back to at&t and

since I work in oilfield, its not like a few hundred bucks in termination

fees will be a problem for me to pay.

On Jun 25, 2014 10:10 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
cheetah15
Contributor - Level 1

hi. just so you can know. i have posted and posted this. this issue you are having is not with verizon. the problem resides in motorola. The issue is from the new kitkat update on your phone. I understand your frustration and not wanting to download a 3rd party. But in doing what i have explained in my android discussion under DROID "notifications has stopped" you will be a much happier verizon customer.  Again here is a copy my Discussion.

So I've had this issue every time i turned on my data to send or receive pictures, etc... through text.

I did everything there was to do to my phone to possibly solve this problem. Even the restore. Nothing helped.

I notified motocare and this is what i did.......

1) settings/apps/all......select messaging>disable<

2) Go to Play Store....Search >messaging classsic kitkat 4.4< .....Install

Now after doing this. I waited about an hour and i decided to uninstall the "messaging classic kitkat 4.4" and re-enable my original

messaging program that came installed on my phone. AND WOW!....fingers are crossed. so far so good. It has been hours since i have done this

and i have not had any problems what-so-ever.  It must be a bug getting in somehow and disabling messaging for awhile must be killing it. who knows. but if it does happen again, i know what to do. At least until there is a FIX.

On another note, My 4G service has even actually been stronger than when i first got my phone,  since the time i have followed every step, i have explained today.

0 Likes
cheetah15
Contributor - Level 1

As an update on my discussion about this. My phone is still working great without any problems now.

0 Likes
cheetah15
Contributor - Level 1

Response is to you cull165. My apologies Morphs

0 Likes
eehjlh

Thanks, Cheetah15.  I followed your instructions and I am now able to send pictures using my original messaging app.  Thanks, again.

0 Likes
saytill

this problem has been ongoing for some time, well before any kit-kat updates, changes to messaging apps, etc...  the default text messaging app on my droid maxx with my verizon wireless service simply does not work nor has ever worked correctly.  i have tried and am trying many things to address this, but cannot even be sure if they are working - how can I be sure that I don't get a message?  it's 2015 people, and we are talking about text messages here - i do not care what technical discussion there is behind this - i do not care what the state of my phone is, what the state of the network is, what apps i have or have not installed, what operating system or update or version i am on - my phone, whether out of the box or with a million customizations, should get every single text message sent to it, whether a group message or picture message whatever, and show me the message, and if a message cannot be shown i and/or the sender should get a warning or notification.  based on feedback from people i know are sending me messages, i would say less than half of them come through or show the sender a message that it was not delivered.  the fact that motorola and/or verizon have let this condition exist for even a short period of time is unbelievable, and the fact that it is apparently an ongoing unaddressed thing is amazing.  both companies have lost serious credibility with me.  if it is my droid's fault, verizon should still be just as concerned.  fortunately i don't really like text messages and would rather not get about half of them anyway, so maybe it is fate...  i will say that with only this one major exception, the droid maxx is an awesome device, and verizon's wireless network is still by far the best if you move around the country a lot.  but seriously, the fact that i had to do research online to figure out that simple text messages are not getting to my phone was a shocker.  no wonder so many of my friends stopped talking to me! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello saytill!

I want you to be able to message with all your friends and not have any cut-off communication.  So sorry you have been dealing with this problem for awhile now.  I recommend that you take the following steps to get your messaging working as it should: http://spr.ly/6582B6VSw; If this does not solve the messaging problem, please contact Customer Service at 800-922-0204 so we can run some more diagnostics on your Droid Maxx and check warranty information for you, as necessary. Thank you for posting this so we can help you!

LauraD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
saytill

the link you sent does not contain any information and the webpage says "oops, we can't find that page"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello again, saytill. I'm sorry for the failure of the link we shared. I get the same thing when I click on it. I believe LauraD was trying to share this information with you: http://vz.to/1zj4fWv. I've tested it, and it works. And there may be no need for you to call Customer Care. If you still need help, you can come here as well.

DionM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes