Marshmallow Update.........Anyone got it yet?
boomerang503
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone seen signs of this thing actually rolling out? I know that it is supposed to be in batches, but are they batches of 10? of 100? of 3.14??

I have had a long list of android devices and this has been the worst handling of an update I have ever seen.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Marshmallow Update.........Anyone got it yet?
ABarreto
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in Houston, TX and just installed 6.0!

However, looks like there is no "System UI Tuner".

Is that what you guys have found?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I currently own a Samsung Galaxy S4 and...depending upon who you believe...the phone will either be getting updated by the end of the year...or...not at all.

0 Likes
jcp15963
Enthusiast - Level 2

/?I've been scouring all the tech sites and..........nothing.  No one has reported getting the update other than the soak test.  Maybe they meant March 1st 2017?

0 Likes
Jerkfresh
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's because they're probably having issues with all the bloatware that is loaded on this phone. The more that are on the phone the more issues they will have with updates. And this phone is loaded with them. I'd be surprised if it ever comes out.

bearone21
Legend

yes on a note5, everything works ok.  30 min download/install 6.0.1

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Note 5 probably has more pre-installed applications then the Droid Turbo 2 and its update is rolling out too.

The update wouldn't have passed the Verizon Wireless technical acceptance if it wouldn't install with all the pre-installed applications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jerkfresh
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's not rolling out too.... It's the only one rolling out.

Jerkfresh
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://m.pocketnow.com/2015/07/30/carrier-bloatware-delays-os-updates

If you're wondering why you'll probably not get the update. X force is pretty much the same phone and already has marshmallow and came out later.

0 Likes
UJZ100
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm still checking for the update every few hours and getting the same message. This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
UJZ100
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not buying their story. I feel like they are still having issues so they are slowly rolling it out so tech support doesn't get overwhelmed.

I have yet to get a legit answer. Someone just needs to upload the files so we can download and do it ourselves.

0 Likes