Re: Marshmallow for droid turbo
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

Correct Hammerhead13. The processor, GPU and RAM are all identical. They both have 1440p screens, though the Turbo is 5.2 inches and the Nexus 6 is 5.96 inches. The Turbo uses a 21 MP camera without Optical Image Stabilization, and the Nexus 6 uses a 13 mp camera with O.I.S. The Turbo has the bigger battery of the two. They are close cousins, lol.

0 Likes
Chidoro43
Enthusiast - Level 3

And again, 6.0.1 for this phone has been out for months around the globe. The non-response is very frustrating.

Again it's clear the droids are getting overlooked becaide of its carrier exclusivity.

Seriously moving to iPhones paid in full going forward

0 Likes
WEATHERMAN2893

The link you shared, Verizon Wireless Customer Support, goes to search results for "apple software updates".

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think they meant Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless .

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cmhjon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I contacted Verizon on Friday and ultimately spoke with Level 2 Motorola support. Unfortunately, the support agent was not able to find any information about Android 6 for the Turbo.  He said he will let me know if any new information becomes available and is supposed to follow up with me mid-October regardless of whether any new info becomes available or not.

The guy I spoke with was very nice and tried several avenues available to him to find information (we were on the phone for over an hour).

cmhjon
Enthusiast - Level 3

And here we are several days later and still no statement from Verizon.

Verizon, this isn't going to go away.  If the Turbo won't be getting Android M (after being told that it would be), then just say that.  We customers deserve an answer.

And before you say something like, "We have no information on this."....well...SOMEBODY knows so FIND OUT!  Seems to me it should be easy enough for Verizon and Motorola to communicate with each other to ascertain an answer to this and bring this to a conclusion!

Dawghowse
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't believe Verizon cares about current customers, they must think that they can get enough new customers to offset the loss. Poor way to do business.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless can't comment on if or when the update comes.  It is legally safer if they say nothing because if they provide and expected date it would leave them open to legal action against them.  Besides, Motorola is the one making to call on whether or not to update the software including cancelling it altogether which they have done before on a few of their phones models in the last few years.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cmhjon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your point is taken however when Motorola announced many months ago that the Droid Turbo would be getting Android 6, that ship sailed.  Currently, I am more interested in knowing IF the update is still going to happen rather than when.  Given the lengthy timeframe of all of this, it seems to me that someone at Verizon should be contacting some at Motorola to find what is going on by now.

Even though you may very well be right in that Motorola controls software updates, we customers went to a VERIZON store to purchase our Turbo's...not Motorola.

0 Likes
dudebro

Any of the people we talk to will not be able to help even if they are sympathetic. I'm probably going to do the only thing that they might listen to and that is to leave Verizon.

0 Likes