Marshmallow
Ajarchercity75

Updated my droid turbo 2 ....now phone won't charge past 30%?? Marshmallow sux....

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Marshmallow
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have a well charged device, Ajarchercity75. Have you tried charging the device while it's powered off? If there any dust or debris in the charging port? Have you used a different charger?
TimothyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ajarchercity75

Tried everything listed....even tried factory reset.... Been awful since update

0 Likes
Ajarchercity75

Charged all night with phone off....25% last night

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like a hardware problem. Have you contacted Motorola yet?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
acinfo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this problem with my Turbo 2. I did everything to diagnose it and went through extensive diagnostic testing with Verizon Tech over the phone.

There is a problem that they (Verizon and Motorola) are now discovering with the Marshmallow update, where the Marshmallow OS is damaging hardware (in our case the charging part of the board) and they have STOPPED the Marshmallow rollout to the Moto phones because of this.

This HAS BEEN CONFIRMED by the rep in tier 2 tech support at Verizon that said that his colleague who is the go to guy for Motorola verified the problem with Moto. It was first noticed on LG phones (the OS damaging hardware) 

By me the update has damaged the hardware on my phone and the phone has been replaced under warranty by Verizon.

I suggest you do the same (have Tech send you a replacement). There is nothing else you can do with the phone now since the hardware needs to be repaired by Moto.

0 Likes