Marshmellow update issues, notification sounds gone, calls straight to voice mail???
THOTSTR

Hi all. I updated to Marshmallow on my Droid Maxx 2 several months ago and since then have had problems with some of my in-coming calls going straight to voice mail and not getting notifications of all of my text messages. I figured further updates would work the bugs out but they have not. Any solutions out there?? Or any advice on some good sites to visit for help??

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Marshmellow update issues, notification sounds gone, calls straight to voice mail???
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

We want our software updates to help your phone and not hinder it THOTSTR .I'm sorry your having issues with calls and messages but we will help get your issues resolved. Are you having issues with any of your apps? Sometimes when you receive an update some applications are not compatible with the new software. I recommend removing any apps they may be problematic and also making sure your current apps are up to date. Also memory on the phone can cause issues with functions. Make sure you remove apps you no longer need, delete long/old text threads and use default text apps can help. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Marshmellow update issues, notification sounds gone, calls straight to voice mail???
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

We are dedicated to offering you the very best device experience! I apologize for any inconvenience you have had. What does the signal show when calls are missed? Are there certain locations this seems to be occurring? What messaging application are you using currently?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
THOTSTR

I don't know what the signal strength is when I miss the calls because I'm not aware someone is calling, that's the whole problem, my phone does not ring 80% of the time and I usually don't get an audible notification that there was a missed call or voice message. I only know I missed a call when I turn on my phone and the visible notification is there and sometimes I don't even get those for my text messages. It happens everywhere. I am using whatever messaging app came set up on the phone. I had absolutely no problems until I installed the Marshmallow update and it is getting increasingly worse. I have no other problems with anything else on the phone. I did not want the Marshmallow update but the update notice would not STOP! It was so annoying I finally just updated it. I have tried selecting different ring tones and it makes no difference. I have turned it completely off many times and that makes no difference.

0 Likes
THOTSTR

Actually I do have 2 other issues that I forgot about because I had just given up but now I'm getting fed up. My Bluetooth no longer works with the phone and neither does my car. Phone recognizes both and pairs with them but when I place a call and it goes through, there is no sound.

0 Likes
shirazp_vzw
Verizon Employee

We certainly want you having full use of the phone to the max. Have you tried anything since this occurred such as a restart or update or removing any applications or rebooting them?

0 Likes