Maxx 2 keeps disconnecting from wifi
Jdesormier

I have a droid maxx2 and when connected to wifi it will disconnect and then 5 seconds later it reconnects, then a few minutes will pass and it will disconnect and reconnect.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Maxx 2 keeps disconnecting from wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jdesormier, it sounds like there are many potential issues with your phone. The good thing is that you know what they are. Please go through the health check to make any adjustments needed.

As for the WiFi connection I have a couple of questions. Are other devices having an issue connecting to it? Have you tried to "Forget" the WiFi in the settings and start over with entering the router's password?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Constantly dropping that connection would concern me as well Jdesormier. We want to ensure all your features are working with your device. How long has this been happening? Does it happen with all wifi networks you try to connect to or just a specific one?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jdesormier

It's been happening since I got the phone in August, it's a work phone so my company won't replace it either way,I just want to know if there is a way to fix it. It does it with all wifi connections.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing this additional information Jdesormier. We want to try all that we can to keep this device connected to WiFi. Are you having any trouble connecting to the Verizon Wireless network where this same thing happens? What is the current software version on your phone?

CandiceH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jdesormier

I don’t have any trouble connecting to the verizon network, and the current android version is 6.0.1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jdesormier, we appreciate the details regarding your software and Verizon network connection. Let’s keep at it to determine the root cause of the problem. Let’s continue by performing a device health check using the My Verizon app. You can follow the steps here. Take note of any alerts and please share your findings with us here. http://vz.to/21yk8YE

MarkP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jdesormier

I have 2 red alerts, one says I have 819.02 mb of temporary files. the other one is a high risk application (pokemon go), other than these I have 4 yellow alerts. 1 for my GPS being on, 1 for a restart, 1 for a verizon support and protection scan, and 1 for 34 applications with increased permissions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jdesormier, it sounds like there are many potential issues with your phone. The good thing is that you know what they are. Please go through the health check to make any adjustments needed.

As for the WiFi connection I have a couple of questions. Are other devices having an issue connecting to it? Have you tried to "Forget" the WiFi in the settings and start over with entering the router's password?

MarcusS_VZW

0 Likes
Jdesormier

yes I do have some small issues with my phone but I don’t see how temporary files cause a WIFI drop and then reconnection, or how and app (pokemon go) that uses the WIFI can cause it to drop. as for my GPS being on, it needs to be on for when I need to navigate using google maps, as far as the 31 apps requesting “too many permissions” most of them are personal apps that keep track of my personal emails or receipts for business, or GPS apps such as google maps.

most of the issues in the health check come up as non issues in my book because these apps help me manage my time and my business as well as my job, as far as other devices connecting to my phone, no I have no issues with anything else connecting to it, and I did try resetting the WIFI and tried forgetting the connection. I did this several times with several different places I connect to, it had no effect.

0 Likes
DRNRAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Doubtful that it's the phone

0 Likes