Maxx HD Sim card problems
WyattJames

My phone wont read my SIM card . Ive tried the soft reboot and nothing and then i tried the factory reboot and now im stuck at square one. I have to reset my phone but it wont let me because it cant read the SIM and its stuck in emergency mode. Ive tried cleaning the SIM card and still nothing. Im thinking i have to get a new card but if there is a way to get around that id like to know

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Maxx HD Sim card problems
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

How have you tried cleaning it? SIM Cards are very touchy when it comes to oils and stuff from fingers. a Q-Tip and some alcohol work wonders, then do NOT touch it with your fingers. If that doesnt work, a new SIM card would be in order and you can get one usually from the Verizon store or third party reseller depending on where you bought your phone

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

SIM cards are free at your local Corporate Verizon store or through Customer Service (you'll pay shipping if you want it overnight); retailers charge for them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've definitely tried some great steps, WyattJames. In fact, you've done everything I would have suggested. But cleaning the SIM can be tricky since any exposure to moisture can not only damage the card, but damage the SIM slot in the phone itself as well. Picking us a SIM card from a Verizon Wireless owned store http://bit.ly/3SdsA is absolutely an option and can be done at no charge.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes