Maxx will not connect to router
ff2co4

hello, i have done much searching finding the same answers and nothing working for me. so lets start by saying im using a moto razr maxx, i have a netgear wgr614v10, i have done soft and hard resets, updated the firm wire on the router and reset the router and nothing will work, it will let me press connect to router then after that it does nothing, it just says the wifi is saved and shows a list again, when i press again nothing happens.. any help would be great!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Maxx will not connect to router
Not applicable

Have you tried turning off your routers security?

0 Likes
ff2co4

Yes i have also try changing the ssid

0 Likes
Not applicable

Can your Razr Maxx connect to other WIFI signals?  Can other computers or devices connect to your router?

0 Likes
ff2co4

Yes other computers and device can connect to my router except for my maxx. My phone can connect to other networks but doesnt work connect with mine

0 Likes
Not applicable

Very strange.  Worse case, get a new router.

0 Likes
ff2co4

Thats what i was considering. I read somewhere some routers have issues with newer technology. Is this a known list what routers the maxx will work with?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Nope!  i used my My N600 NetGear to update my Maxx..  the Update to my Maxx  took less that 20 min the Rest to a bit to do but there were No issues in Download itself. I'm streaming music with my Wi-Fi right now hadn't had a issue yet..

0 Likes
Not applicable

I'm sure it will work with almost all of them.  Maybe all but your's.  Just buy it somewhere that you can return it if it doesn't work.

0 Likes
juliegnh
Enthusiast - Level 2

After JB update yesterday, there is one WiFi I cannot connect to. It's a Westell VersaLink B90-327W18-06. All other WiFi connections worked. Ironically, it's the Westell that I used to download the JB update. It was WEP during download. I have since changed to WPA2 and still can't connect. When I add it, it just says Connecting... and I have removed it many times, power cycled router, phone and just cannot get my RAZR Max to connect to it. Otherwise, no other issues that I know of.