Maxx won't receiving text messages from iPhone 5S's....will receive from other iphone models
crazybear99

Hi all,

My Maxx does not seem to be receiving text messages sent from Iphone 5S modle phones.  I tested my theory and asked all my friends with a 5S to text me....I have not received one message yet.  Then I asked my friends with other Iphone models to text me (4, 4S, and 5 models) and I receive their text messages without incident.  Anyone have any ideas as to why this is occurring and how to fix it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Maxx won't receiving text messages from iPhone 5S's....will receive from other iphone models
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello spqhoots,

There's has been some concerns about an issue similar to this. I'm glad that you shared your concern. I'm confident that together we can get this resolved once and for all. Let's start with is the iPhone 5s user a Verizon customer? Also, have you ever been able to get mms from iPhone 5s since you had the Maxx? If so then please erase the text thread from your device and the iPhone 5s, reboot both devices, and retest. Let me know the results.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Maxx won't receiving text messages from iPhone 5S's....will receive from other iphone models
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want those important messages to go through crazybear99! What messaging app are your friends using? Are they with Verizon Wireless? Have they updated to iOS7? Can they receive messages from you?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Have you recently changed from an iPhone to the Maxx?

If so, did you deactivate iMessage prior to making the switch? You could ask to have your friends check if they have iMessage activated in their settings.

If they have iMessage activated in their settings and you recently switched from an iPhone to the Maxx it could be because iMessage is still activated for your number.

Try reading thru THIS thread for some suggestions.

0 Likes
crazybear99

They are using imessage I believe, mist if them are on at&t. My wife is on

version and even her texts will not come through. All are running iOS 7.

Also, I came from at&t and was using an iPhone while there. Some people

have said it could be my I cloud acct messing things up....

On Jan 22, 2014 8:39 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
spqhoots

I am having a similar issue in that I cannot download mms messages from iphone 5s'.  I have tried several different messaging apps in addition to stock messaging.  this may have started with the 4.4 update.  I was not on an iphone so the imessaging thing should not apply to me. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello spqhoots,

There's has been some concerns about an issue similar to this. I'm glad that you shared your concern. I'm confident that together we can get this resolved once and for all. Let's start with is the iPhone 5s user a Verizon customer? Also, have you ever been able to get mms from iPhone 5s since you had the Maxx? If so then please erase the text thread from your device and the iPhone 5s, reboot both devices, and retest. Let me know the results.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
spqhoots

Thank you, all of the above worked. Wish I did not have to delete those threads though.  thanks

0 Likes