Media volume not working with ICS?
AuCaMa95

I've been on youtube and other apps that use media volume and none of them are playing any sound. Any ideas? Thanks alot.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Media volume not working with ICS?
B33
Legend

You might have to Do a System Cache Clear Razr or Maxx to Help this:  I checked YouTube and the sound is Ok but i Also Updated YouTube to Adjust to ICS  Another thing i will pass along if you have an App  Like EQ you will want to go into Music Player settings or sound settings and Un-Check the External Speaker And Headsets Now as i said Do this only if you have an app Like EQ installed if you don't have Don't Worry about un-checking it..

chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

B33, how do you do a system cache clear?  I was playing a game last night that does have sound (normally).  I had the volume turned up in the phone settings and the music enabled in the application, but I did not get any sound from the application, so I want to try the system cache clear and see if that works.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Chip here is the Instructions for System Cache Clear:  Now at the Time these Instruction were printed Chip it Was for Gingerbread.  Hopefully they haven't Changed How you Cache Clear ICS but all can say is Give it a Try.. Good Luck b33Smiley Happy

These are the Instructions on Clearing the Cache Partition:  For Razr & Razr Maxx

Top Alternate method

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press the Power button then select Power off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press and holdPower button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to holdVolume Up / Down, proceed with step 3.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
  5. From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up / Down.
  6. Select Clear the Cache Partition then press the Power button.
  7. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AuCaMa95, not having any sound when viewing Youtube or other media is very upsetting and I would like to help. I would also like to thank the community for their input. B33 is correct, clearing the cache/browser history and temporary files will resolve most issues like the one you're having. I wanted add that you should also enable/disable safe mode to check if an app make be causing the issues. Here is a link with steps for safe mode http://bit.ly/rxg0ii . Please keep us posted and let me know if any the steps I provide or provided by the community have resolved your issue. ^KH

0 Likes