Message+ and messages
Byraer

This just horrified me. I am looking at my text chats in messages + and by some chance I ended up hitting messages and it opened up showing replicated texts from my message+ but when I reviewed some of them I noticed pictures and other information was showing up going to my neice and nephews number along with the original sender i.e. my friend who had sent them. I dont understand this. I dont use messenger but yet its sucking in private messages and forwarding them to unintended recipients. A whole stream of pics and private business coming from my friend, just between us for some reason is showing  on the message app going to my niece and nephew. I have not confirmed yet with them if they had received them, but am going to do so today. If confirmed I hope Verizon can explain this because its just wrong. Anyone have this issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Message+ and messages
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Byraer wrote:

This just horrified me. I am looking at my text chats in messages + and by some chance I ended up hitting messages and it opened up showing replicated texts from my message+ but when I reviewed some of them I noticed pictures and other information was showing up going to my neice and nephews number along with the original sender i.e. my friend who had sent them. I dont understand this. I dont use messenger but yet its sucking in private messages and forwarding them to unintended recipients. A whole stream of pics and private business coming from my friend, just between us for some reason is showing  on the message app going to my niece and nephew. I have not confirmed yet with them if they had received them, but am going to do so today. If confirmed I hope Verizon can explain this because its just wrong. Anyone have this issue.

You mention Message+, messages and messenger as three different apps.  Exactly which apps are they?  If you don't use one, why don't you remove it from your phone or remove the shortcut so you can't accidently invoke it?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Byraer

If you own a samsung galaxy or any droid phone purchased through Verizon store you will know that there is Verizon's Message+ and the droid owned messages app. I take it you must have an Iphone and cannot help me. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Byraer wrote:

If you own a samsung galaxy or any droid phone purchased through Verizon store you will know that there is Verizon's Message+ and the droid owned messages app. I take it you must have an Iphone and cannot help me. 

I have always owned Droid phones, never iPhones and a moto z4 currently.  I am not familiar with the 'droid owned messages app' as I have never used it, always using Message+.  

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Byraer

That's because as verizon clients we drift right to verizon owned message+. My phone is a Samsung s21 and three companies are involved. Samsung made the phone, google gives it the brain, and Verizon owns part as it is branded. The message app that everyone ignores is the Blue message icon which belongs to google. I did call customer service today and they could not explain what happened. Anyhow moving on...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We found additional information about Messenger here:
https://www.facebook.com/messenger/posts/now-you-can-get-your-sms-messages-in-messenger-today-we-are...
When in Messenger, 1. tap on Settings (the person icon)
2. Select “SMS” from the list

Is SMS on or off there?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly understand your concern with the messages being all mixed up with the Messages app. From what you've described, it would be best to confirm if your niece and nephews have indeed received any of this. If they have not, it's likely the conversations are somehow being mixed in the records of the Messages app when syncing to the Verizon Messages+ conversations, though that would still be odd.

0 Likes