Message plus 6.2.2 on Droid Turbo 2
bill-e

Since the update my Message plus icon is not updating to show the new message indicator.  I do see the new message when I open the app and I am getting notified on my Gear Live.  Hone running Marshmallow

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Message plus 6.2.2 on Droid Turbo 2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bill-enh-

I depend on my messages all the time as it is my preferred communication tool. I am saddened to see you are having this issue on the new update. Does this happen at an specific location? Happens with both SMS and MMS (picture/video messaging)? Have you tried restarting the phone? Please provide with those details to better assist.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bill-e

As posted earlier in this thread, Phone Cache cleared which requires a reboot, Application uninstalled and reinstalled, Application Data cleared, All permissions and notifications on, Happens with both MMS and SMS and since I travel it has happened in both the northeast and southeast.  The notifications problem is acting just like the the pre Jan 2016 version.

In addition Message plus seems much more sluggish than before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@bill_enh

Thanks for keeping me posted. Let’s take a closer look.

Does your device receive new text notifications in the standard (green) “Messaging” application?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bill-e

Yes.  All notifications work with the exception of the actual message+ icon displaying the unread message.

0 Likes
bill-e

I just did a factory reset on the Droid Turbo 2.  I tried the latest version and then I uninstalled all updates and tried that.  Neither the factory base version 6.0.7 or the latest 6.2.2 are updating the icon status.  It must be a Marshmallow 6.0 incompatibility

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to receive your important messages as soon as you receive them. Do you have the same issue with the normal messaging app as well as Message Plus? How much storage is remaining on your device?
TimothyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bill_enh, we want your device work at 100%. Have you tried uninstalling the Verizon Message+ application and then redownloading it?

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bill-e

Both message apps act the same, everything works with the exception of the actual icon showing that a new text was received.  I have about 56gb free memory so that isn't the problem and I did a factory reset of the phone.  At one point during the factory reset I believe that the message indicator showed up but once Message plus updated to the latest version, even uninstalling updates had no affect and the icon still does not indicate unread texts.

This is actually a big deal for me as I'm very time late in reading and responding to texts because of this.

0 Likes
bill-e

bill_enh, we want your device work at 100%. Have you tried uninstalling the Verizon Message+ application and then redownloading it?

/QUOTE

Yes, did that a number of times and ended up doing a Factory reset...still Icon new message indicator still doesn't work.
0 Likes