Missing Active Notifications option
sandlady
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want to change my notifications.  In my settings, under devices, the first thing I have is sound.  I do not have the Active Notifications, Touch Control and Droid Zap options that the instructions show.  How can I restore the active notifications functionality?  Picture attached. 

Thank you for your help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Missing Active Notifications option
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sandlady,

That's peculiar. And we do appreciate the visual. But lets get to the bottom of this. Which software is your device currently running? Please go to settings > about phone > system updates to check.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sandlady
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Evan

Not sure which you want. Android Version is 4.1.2.  system version is 98.72.16.XT912

Thanks!

Gail

0 Likes
sandlady
Enthusiast - Level 2

Android Version 4.1.2

System Version 98.72.16.XT912

Please let me know if hat is not the information you wanted me to provide.

Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Aha! It appears that you have an old software! Go to apps > settings > about phone > software update > to check for new software. This needs to be installed in order to use the updated enhancements.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes
sandlady
Enthusiast - Level 2

I already did that by accident, but just looked again.  It is telling me that I am up to date and no No update us necessary at this time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming sandlady. That is the current version for your model of Droid Razr Maxx. How long have you had your device? You may be looking at the latest Droid Maxx(not called Razr anymore), which has a different OS(4.2) http://tiny.cc/2dzr5w.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
sandlady
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Jonathon,

I have had my device approximately 18 months.  If my phone does in fact not have this option, how do I change my notification preferences?  Specifically I would like to be able to turn on and off the notification I receive when an email comes into my Yahoo mail app.

Thank you!

Gail

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information sandylady! I just sent you a follow request, please follow me back and send a private message with your name and mobile number so that I can assist further.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes