Mobile Hotspot
UsuallyÇonfused

I have a Droid Razr and I'm grandfathered into the Unlimited Data plan. I am looking into adding the Mobile Hotspot so I can run by home computer off the connection. I'm confused about a couple of things though, maybe someone can help...

1) Do I need to purchase an additional device to use the Mobile Hotspot?
2) If I add the $29.99 hotspot feature, is that for a particular amount of data? And is a contract involved?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Hotspot
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have the unlimited data plan with the DROID Razr, then you can sign into your MyVerizon account and and the mobile hotspot feature for an additional $30 per month.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
UsuallyÇonfused

So I wouldn't need to purchase a Jetpack or any other device? Thanks for the info.

0 Likes
UsuallyÇonfused

Also - Do you know if that's a month-to-month service or does it put you under a new contract?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is a feature and not tied to a contract. You can add and remove it at anytime. Although I would suggest adding for the whole billing cycle and removing it at the end of the billing cycle if you don't want it the next month.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

No you do not need anything else .I also have a grandfathered data plan and also have the 30 hotspot added to my plan. I use my hotspot on my razrmaxx for everything..my laptop  playstation 3 and my tv  i use it daily. I started using the hotspot feature a couple years back with my fascinate and certainly love its speed with the 4g maxx.  Try it i think youll like it.     Jesse

0 Likes