Motorola Camera- no rear facing camera after update
hlw18e

I have the droid maxx, it's about 18 months old and I've never had a problem with the camera until the new update installed recently.  Now I only have a front facing camera with no option to switch to the rear facing camera.  I have tried uninstalling the update, clearing the data, clearing the cache, installing the Google Camera (which has the option for rear facing camera, but when I select it I get an error message that says "your device does not have a back facing camera), installing programs such as Snapchat that used the camera, etc.  I've tried everything that I can find to try and nothing works.  AND now I keep getting error messages for "Camera Busy - Camera unable to start.  If this repeats please power off your phone and restart".  Well, I've tried several restarts and that doesn't work either.  Please help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Motorola Camera- no rear facing camera after update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Those were some pretty fantastic steps to start with, hlw18e. We'll find a way to get a working phone back into your hands. You mentioned a recent update, but I see the Maxx got the last update back in January and software updates can't be uninstalled. So just to confirm, what update did you receive? Please go into Settings > About Phone and let me know the System Version and Baseband Version listed.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
hlw18e

The update was a Motorola Camera update that I uninstalled.

I have system version 24.3.7.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US

Baseband Version MSM8960PRO_BP_23255.132.81.00R

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
HowardHerschberg

I am having the exact same problem and my maxx is exactly the same age and this all started happening a month ago.. I installed 6 different camera apps and they all have the same problem... stuck in ridiculous selfie mode

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi HowardHerschberg!

That's odd, let's see what's causing the problem. Outside of the camera applications, have you downloaded any other applications? Try clearing the data and cache for the camera application:Settings>Apps>All>Camera>Force Stop>Clear Data>Clear Cache

That's odd, let's see what's causing the proble,

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mikenad82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same problem. It just started. I've tried wiping the camera cache, wiping the system cache from the recovery menu, and a factory reset. I use the camera frequently for work, and being stuck in selfie mode is ridiculous.

0 Likes
mikenad82
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I may have figured it out. Factory reset again and did not link my Google account right away. Instead,  I linked it later and reinstalled certain apps one by one. Camera is working as of this moment. Will see if there is a particular app that messes up the camera.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mikenad82, it is good to know that you were able to link your Google account back on the phone and the camera is working. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, we are here to help. http://vz.to/1PaHJqw

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
j02

I don't have a rear camera either since update last week. How do I resolve?

0 Likes
j02

I have a droid mini.

0 Likes