Motorola Droid Razr - Cannot Download Apps over 4G
nash11

Please help with this issue. I just cannot download apps over 4G, I can only do it over wi-fi which makes me handicapped at times.

I have found some links and they were directing to a 'data saver' option; I don't have that. I'm using Ice Cream Sandwich version.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid Razr - Cannot Download Apps over 4G
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried:

- rebooting phone

- system cache clear

- checking Play Store settings and see if Update Over Wi-Fi Only is checked

- clear cache and data for Play Store, then reboot

nash11

How do I do 'system clear cache'?

I tried some steps from another thread, but after I get the boot menu I don's seem to have the option to navigate to 'select recovery'.

I'm stuck here..

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery *

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

* if doesn't work:  press and hold the volume down and wait for a second or two, then press and hold the volume up and the volume down buttons for 5-6 seconds and then release

0 Likes
B33
Legend

>>Duplicate post removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
B33
Legend

B33 . wrote:

>>Duplicate post removed<<

If that doesn't Work standing on one Leg and doing an Indian Dance Helps me) All Cuteness aside...

This Method Works a little bit Better..

With the phone ON Just tap the Power button to blacken the Display  (  Don't Shut the Phone off )  Follow these Instructions

1. Press and hold the "Volume Up  &  Down at the same time" While doing  that  press the Power button. till the screen comes back on When that does that let off the Power button  ONLY   Wait till you see a White screen   Follow to Step 2.
  2. When presented with the White Boot Mode Selection Menu release the Volume buttons.
  3. Press "Volume Down" to scroll down to  Recovery  then immediately press Volume Up.        Step 4 will Follow
  4. From the Red triangle in  Little Droid on the screen,  press and hold Volume Down. for 10 sec. While doing that press for a Second the Up  " Volume "
  5. The Next screen You will have 5 choices  Select  Clear the Cache Partition  it's the 5th choice.. then press the Power button.
  6. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.

And that should be it..If you have any more issues Just give me a Shout. Smiley Happy b33  

Update: Made a Few adjustments.. b33

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
nash11

Thank you soo much ..that helped!

0 Likes
nash11

tikibar..

Of the 4 steps you mentioned:

I've completed:

- rebooting phone

- system cache clear

- checking Play Store settings and see if Update Over Wi-Fi Only is checked

How do I do this ?

- clear cache and data for Play Store, then reboot

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Settings> Apps > All > scroll to Google Play Store > press Clear Data and Clear Cache

Use with caution, however, because if you Clear Data on an app, you will lose settings, files, accounts, info., etc. (basically any data associated with that app will be gone).

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome nash11  Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes