Motorola Droid Turbo 2 - Not receiving phone calls
balcerzakj

I have a Motorola Droid Turbo 2. I have had it for about a month, and I have been continually having an issue where I get a phone call, answer it, and the person tells me they've called multiple times, but it rang several times and went to voicemail. I've also, more frequently, gotten voicemail notifications, but my phone never rang. I'm not saying that my phone is on silent. My phone literally does nothing when a call is coming in - it's as if nobody is calling. There's not even a missed call in my call log. The only reason I know I'm missing these calls is because I'm receiving the voicemail after the fact, or the caller finally tries enough times to get through to me. I've tried calling it from other phones, and it seems to be completely random on when it receives a call and when it does not.

I've looked around online, and I found that this is/was a common problem with the original Droid Turbo. Everything I saw from the original Turbo users seem to indicate that all of the suggested fixes (clear cache, turn off bluetooth, restart phone, factory reset, advanced calling) only resolve the problem temporarily. My phone was factory reset less than a week ago for a separate issue, but this not receiving calls was happening before, and is happening still. I have not been able to find anybody with a Turbo 2 having this issue. Are other people having this problem?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Motorola Droid Turbo 2 - Not receiving phone calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

balcerzakj,

I know how important your phone is to you. We want to make sure it is working the way it should. Just to make sure have you completed any recent updates at all? Do you have all of your applications updated as well?
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
balcerzakj

I have not installed any Android or System Updates, as there are none, and have not been any available for this phone. Yes, all of my apps are updated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information balcerzakj. We will get your calls flowing in like they should again. You said this happen about a month ago, are you a new customer or did you recently upgrade your device? What zip code are you in when this happens? Do you notice any trends/similarities from the numbers this is happening to?

JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
balcerzakj

I have been a Verizon customer for 2+ years. My wife and I both upgraded in January. She upgraded from an iPhone 4s to an iPhone 5s. I upgraded from my Samsung Galaxy S4 to the Motorola Droid Turbo 2. My wife has had no issues with receiving calls on her phone.

So far, I can say for certain that I've had this issue in 53151 (work) and 53214 (home), as well as while driving. There doesn't seem to be any trend so far. I've missed my wife's phone calls the most, but she also calls me the most. I've for sure missed calls from at least 5 other callers. I don't know of any similarities between those callers. Some have been landlines, some have been cell phones, and it happens at all different times and locations. I can sit in the same location, and sometimes the phone will ring, and sometimes it won't.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check your preferred network setting, change it to LTE/CDMA if it is not set to that.  I've found that setting it to Global sometimes causes issues with calls.

balcerzakj

I did this a few weeks ago, and still have it as my setting. My cell signal and strength appear to have improved after switching from Global to LTE/CDMA, but the issue with inconsistently receiving incoming calls has persisted.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have reliable service and make sure your important phone calls are always coming to your device, balcerzakj. Are you having issues with text messages or data at these two zip codes? Are there any locations indoors or outdoors where you see a significant improvement? We want to gather as much clues as possible to help determine if this is a device or network related matter. Keep us posted.

AnthonyC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
balcerzakj

The only text message issues I've encountered have been with group SMS messages not coming through, but I believe that is an issue with Hangouts - not with the phone or service. As far as I know, I have received all of my SMS text messages, and I have not noticed any issues with mobile data other than it being extremely slow if I happen to be on 3G (which is rare).

As far as I can tell, it's completely random. I've missed calls while outside. I've missed calls while inside. I've received calls in those same locations where I've missed calls.

This phone is only a month old. It has not been dropped, gotten wet, or been mishandled. I had to wait a week and a half for it to come, as I did a custom design. I absolutely refuse to accept a refurbished phone as a replacement, if this is, in fact, an irreparable issue with the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

balcerzakj, I am confident we can get this resolved. I want to dive a little deeper into this issue. I sent you a Private Message.

RyanC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes