Motorola Droid Turbo 2 green line
MinnesotaMary

A green vertical line appeared two days ago towards the right side of the screen. Has anyone else seen this? What can I do? Phone has not been dropped as was suggested on other sites

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Motorola Droid Turbo 2 green line
gr8gatsb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem. If you haven't contacted Motorola, I believe that should be your next step. They are aware of the issue and did not hassle me. Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MinnesotaMary

It’s important to me that your Motorola Droid Turbo 2 device is functioning as expected. I would love to  help.

Were you doing anything in particular on your device when this green line appeared? Had you recently installed any new applications or performed a software update? Has there been any physical or liquid damages to your device? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MinnesotaMary

I woke up one morning to find the green line. It appeared during the night. I am very careful with my phone. It has not been dropped. I keep it away from water and humidity. My phone was plugged into the power supply overnight. No new software but I did run Verizon's tool set to optimize the phone.

The line is getting bigger and brighter every day

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Than you for reaching out to us, MinnesotaMary. It's important to us that we go over every necessary troubleshooting step and get to the bottom of what the root cause is for this line on your screen.

the next best step would be to perform a soft reset on the phone http://vz.to/1SZ7wsh and please update us on any changes you see on the device. This is a good starting point for our troubleshooting steps. Please reach back out to us when you have the oportunity and I would be more than happy to conitnue assiting.
SteveRR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MinnesotaMary

Of course that was the first thing I did when I saw the green line. I just did the power down again. The green line was there the entire time the device was powering back up. It was shown over all the boot screens. The green line is getting thicker and brighter every day

0 Likes
MinnesotaMary

Hey Verizon support, any other tips? The line is getting thicker every day and it is starting to interfere with my ability to use my phone. What can I do? Please help!

0 Likes
MinnesotaMary

Verizon support, is anyone out there? Do I need to switch providers after 20 years? Please help!!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Replace the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
douglas4895

Don't bother with Verizon

I would log onto the Motorola website and initiate a chat with support. Have your serial number, IEMI and date of  purchase ready.

Describe your problem. Your device is covered under warranty for 1 year. I have read about this issue in the Android Central Motorola Droid Turbo 2 forum and Motorola is replacing phones with this issue under warranty.

I have never had an issue with Motorola as far as warranty replacement when a defect arises.

Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc.

0 Likes
Dfbks
Enthusiast - Level 1

It happened to me... Get in touch with Motorola, they will send you a replacement