Mute Screenshot Sound
chuck07
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anybody been able to mute the screenshot sound? It is the same sound as when you take a picture.

I have figured out how to mute the camera shutter, but that does not change the screenshot shutter sound.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mute Screenshot Sound
chuck07
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is not a logical reason for it to be designed that way. The reason that it is implemented that way is because of a lack of design.

For anybody else that comes across this looking for an answer, you have to go outside of Verizon support.

I found the app "Enforced Stream Silencer" works well. No longer in the play store, but you can find it easily.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there chuck07!

Thanks for the great question! Having the same device, I know I accidentally take screen shots and having the sound is good for that. That way I know what picture was taken and if I have to erase it or not. However, I can see how the sound may be a bit bothersome when on silent.

I looked over the specifications for the device and there is no setting on the phone to mute that sound. Now, you may be able to find a fix by doing a Google search of alternate ways, however, this is not something we support. Thanks again!

MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
chuck07
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the information.

Just to confirm, you do not support the phone not making noise while everything is silenced/on mute? Seems like a bug to me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To confirm chuck07, at this point the sound will come on whether the device is on silent, vibrate or not. There isn't any bug, this is just the way it was designed. I am sorry for any hassel this may have caused you.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
chuck07
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is not a logical reason for it to be designed that way. The reason that it is implemented that way is because of a lack of design.

For anybody else that comes across this looking for an answer, you have to go outside of Verizon support.

I found the app "Enforced Stream Silencer" works well. No longer in the play store, but you can find it easily.

0 Likes