Mute gone
MommaBear04
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to be able to mute my Droid Rzr HD with a locked screen by using the slider in the upper left corner. That is no longer available with Kit Kat. How can I mute the phone in locked mode?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mute gone
MommaBear04
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's DancingBear, not MommaBear (that's my wife)!

Found it...very difficult to see the mute when not selected.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MommaBear04 We can certainly help with the Razr HD question. You would have to mute the call before locking the screen. The device is functioning as designed.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
MommaBear04
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why change a good thing? Before, when I entered a place where I didn't want my phone going off, all I had to do was slide the mute button left (upper left corner of screen)...didn't have to unlock. When I departed, I slid the mute button back on. Now I don't even know where the "mute" button is, whether locked/unlocked. Nor do I know which of the 6 sounds it affects...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MommaBear04 I understand how frustrating it can become when the settings of your phone changes. this is common to happen after a Manufacturer makes updates to a device. To mute from the home screen press and hold the power key for a few seconds. You should see the menu appear with an option to mute the phone.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
MommaBear04
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see a screen that gives choice of Power Off, Airplane Mode, and 3 icons that look like mute, vibrate, unmute. The unmute is underlined, but I cannot select either of the other icons...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MommaBear04,
Most users have found success by pressing and holding the power button as if you were going to turn it off and near the shutdown window the mute and no vibrate is on the left, mute but vibrate middle, and then sound on on the right. Are these icons greyed out or is the device unresponsive when attempting to select? Please share.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MommaBear04
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's DancingBear, not MommaBear (that's my wife)!

Found it...very difficult to see the mute when not selected.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The rep replied to the username you used to create the post which was "mommabear04".

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes