My Droid Maxx fills up my email server space with multiple copies of "sent" emails.
Rabbit_of_Caerbannog

It actually filled my email account to capacity before I knew it was doing it. Now I go manually delete all of the sent messages every few days. Is there a way to prevent this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Droid Maxx fills up my email server space with multiple copies of "sent" emails.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much, Rabbit_of_Caerbannog.
I would like for you to check the sync settings.

Go to Settings > Data usage > Menu (3 dots on the top right) > Ensure that Auto-sync data is checked and Restrict background data is not checked. If all settings are correct then a Factory Data Reset would be recommended. Please reply back with a status update to the issue.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My Droid Maxx fills up my email server space with multiple copies of "sent" emails.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much, Rabbit_of_Caerbannog.
I would like for you to check the sync settings.

Go to Settings > Data usage > Menu (3 dots on the top right) > Ensure that Auto-sync data is checked and Restrict background data is not checked. If all settings are correct then a Factory Data Reset would be recommended. Please reply back with a status update to the issue.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
Rabbit_of_Caerbannog

The two settings you specified are correct. What is a Factory Data Reset? Does that wipe the phone clean of all personal data? I'd rather avoid that if possible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh good! Glad to know the settings are correct.
Question for you. What type of email account is this? Are you using the email icon that came installed on the phone or perhaps a different email app?
We can try to narrow it down this way before a factory data reset. This would indeed clear the information from the phone.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes