My Droid Maxx randomly shutting down
monkey0927
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Droid Maxx randomly shutting down. Several times a day and on full battery. Sometimes after using an app or camera, and sometimes it will just be sitting on my desk, Ill go to use it and notice it is off. I have tried hard reset, but nothing seems to work. Anyone else having this issue in the past couple of weeks since last update?

Labels (2)
Re: My Droid Maxx randomly shutting down
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a bizarre situation, monkey0927. When did these troubles begin? Has your device incurred any physical or moisture damage? Please provide me with a few more details.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport.

rbuskill

I'm having the same problem and I can not figure out why this is happening, but it is occurring more often now like one a week.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this issue rbuskill! When did issue start? Did you notice if it started after installing a particular app or software update? What is your phone's software version?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

tyler_hoslermeyers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine has done the same thing since the most recent software update. It is very inconvenient.  Loved the phone before this started happening and it is starting to get on my nerves

ErinCA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having thus issue. Please Verizon help us solve this problem.

0 Likes
tyler_hoslermeyers
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever get this issue figured out?

0 Likes
rbuskill

It start around 4-5 months ago. I'm not sure why I would just come back to my phone and it would be shut down and at different times of the day. It did it again this morning and all i did was turn off my alarm and then when I come back to my phone it was off. My system version is 23.3.24.obake-maxx_verizon.Verizon.en.US.

0 Likes
rbuskill

I'm still having this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rbuskill,
Let's get this resolved! Please enable safe mode here http://vz.to/14eG5n8 test and share if you are still experiencing the issues. If so, please backup and complete a factory reset here http://vz.to/1xFz0Gq If not, I suggest removing applications in effort to find the root cause. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes