My Droid Maxx will not connect to Wifi!
a_towery

I have had my Droid for almost 2 years and suddenly it stopped connecting to wifi. All other devices in my house connect just fine. The only way it works at home is if i turn it off and then back on and if im lucky it will connect but i cant do anything none of the apps will load. I sent my original phone in to Asurion and that one didnt connect to wifi. They sent me another one that one didnt connect either and had problems so i sent it back to get another one and this wont wont connect to wifi either. This is the 3rd Droid MAXX ive had that will not connect to wifi.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My Droid Maxx will not connect to Wifi!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

a.towery,

I am shocked to hear that you have been having the same issue with the Maxx. Being able to connect to Wifi is a definitely a great way to help conserve your data each month. How soon after you receive your replacement do you have issues connecting to your home Wifi? Is the device software up to date?

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
a_towery

as soon as i got it my phone would not connect wifi. i just updated it this week and that didnt work either. This is the 3rd Maxx that i have had that wont connect. The only way that it will work while connected to wifi is if i put in airplane mode but i shouldnt have to do that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, a.towery. It is important to us that you have the ability to utilize wi fi at any time and i am happy to help.

Does the device have any physical or water damage? Are you able to connect any other devices to the wi fi that is available? Have you downloaded any new apps recently? Please provide a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
a_towery

no there is no physical damage or water damage. My does connect to wifi other places sometimes but not very often or it will connect and then unconnect right away. I dont have any problems at home with any other phones, computers or my nook its just my phone. i dont think i have downloaded any new apps i have removed a bunch from my phone hoping that would help and it hasnt. the last one i got from through insurance had all the original apps that come on the phone and it still wouldnt connect.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all of those details regarding the WiFi issue you are experiencing, a.towery. We definitely want to get you reconnected back to WiFi so you can easily manage your mobile data usage. Let's try placing the phone in Safe Mode and see if we can stay connected without Airplane Mode. Here's how to put the phone in Safe Mode http://spr.ly/6582BUX0q

JosephE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PATBRO55

Here we are years later and this model of phone continues to have these same issues as documented in several forums. Not a router issue, not a safe mode issue, not an app issue.  This is a hardware or software issue. It should be fixed by now. As of this week with no phone or router changes, antenna is not seeing WiFi or Bluetooth without phone off then on. This is unacceptable.  Why doesn't Verizon or Motorola resolve root cause instead of continually guessing?  Ive done ALL the forum recommendations-- no permanent fix.  Software work around and update please?

0 Likes