My Droid Razr Maxx won't send Picture Messages
jwertz28

I just bought my Razr Maxx 4 days ago and it worked fine until yesterday evening. It will send and receive texts, but I am unable to send picture messages. It is very frustrating. Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My Droid Razr Maxx won't send Picture Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how much fun it is to send picture messages jwertz28! I do it all the time on my smartphone! Are you receiving a specific error message? Where are the pictures from? Have you tried with pictures taken from the phone itself? Can you receive picture messages? I would start with powering off the phone removing the SIM card.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
joey_b13

I have the same problem.. I can not send a picture via MMS.  I can receive but not sent.  It times out and says it can't send.

It's MAXX HD

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Try Sizing down the Picture Size in the Camera Settings) see what that Does i send Pictures to Gmail and Post them here all the Time.. On my Razr Maxx here is the Latest just shot 10 Min. Ago b33 Smiley Happy

2012-11-02_00-09-48_606.jpg

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You just had to show off that new watch, didn't you? 

joey_b13

I do resize it as the it asks me before sending.  just times out after 5 minutes or so

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Why sure! b

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey everyone! I'd like to have you try something to get your picture messages sending again. This may be a simple setting to enable cellular data. Picture messages will not send over Wi-Fi and require a cellular data connection. http://bit.ly/UPvXVV  This may explain why you can email them (goes over Wi-Fi) but not send as an MMS.

Keep us posted on your results!

Regards,

MikeS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
joey_b13

A simple reboot fixed it.  The phone hadn't been restarted since activated, so all good after that.  Even got it to see the SD card which it wasn't before the reboot.

0 Likes
jasfaa
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mike,

Thats great but why wont they send when you have wifi on and are connected to the Verizon network.  this seems to be a common theme since the Jellybean update

0 Likes