My Turbo resent random past text messages all at once...anyone else have this problem?
frankc23

My Turbo resent random past text messages all at once...anyone else have this problem?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My Turbo resent random past text messages all at once...anyone else have this problem?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
frankc23, that does seem a little odd to hear. I want to make sure that we are able to get the phone in good working condition. Was this the first time that the device has ever done this? Are you using the default text message application that came on the phone or a 3rd party app from the Google Play Store? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: My Turbo resent random past text messages all at once...anyone else have this problem?
frankc23

This was using the Verizon Message + application that was already on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
The Droid Turbo is an awesome phone, I have it myself! Has this issue occurred more than one time? There are two messaging apps on the Turbo.  There is Messaging + and Messaging.  I switch between the two frequently. Each time it reloads the text messages and acts like it is sending.  Has this been your experience as well? Let us know.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
frankc23

I think I was only on the messaging + at the time.  What is weird about the whole thing is that it listed the six outgoing people who received messages at the same time, but when I went to see what the message was, it was as if nothing was sent and I could not see the actual message that was sent.  I had to go to the activity log on verizon.com to make sure of all the messages.  Just curious, but why do you switch between the two apps?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

frankc23,

I appreciate the additional details. To claify, given that the messages where sent to 6 different people was it a group message that you were previously communicating in that the messages were resent from? Was it the same exact message that was sent to each person? In regards to switching between messaging applications, there is not exact reason to swtich between the 2 messaging apps. That would just be personal preference.

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
frankc23

No, it was six unrelated people and six unrelated messages from the past...some were from two weeks ago other from 2 years ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

frankc23,

That is truly odd. Let's dive a little deeper. Has this happened again? Do you recall if anything changed or updated on the phone or apps around the time this happened?

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
frankc23

Has not happened since that one time.  The last app that was updated before it happened was Facebook messenger, but that was 3 days prior.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

frankc23, thanks for keeping us posted. We're relieved to hear that it hasn't happened again. Please feel free to reach out to us here if you need additional assistance. We're here to help.

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes