My droid maxx 2 will now only charge when powered off.
manmk

I own 2 identical phones (me and wife) that have worked well for two years and have both developed this problem in the last month or so.  I have done factory resets and have tried operating in safe mode and problem persists.  In doing research, this appears to be a long standing problem after OS upgrades.  Any known fix to this problem yet?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My droid maxx 2 will now only charge when powered off.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure your phone functions and charges the way it should be is a must, manmk. Thanks for reaching out to us here. I've researched this issue, and I don't see any known issues with that specific charging issue in which you're experiencing. You've done a lot of troubleshooting to try and correct this. Have you tried to charge the devices using a wireless charger when the phones are on to see if the issue persists or not? Have you attempted to see if the phones charge while on when charging from a computer?  

Joey_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
manmk

I have tried charging with a computer as well as several different cords and yes, the phones will charge, as long as they are powered off. I am not going to purchase an expensive wireless charger to troubleshoot. As for your research on this issue, I found several questions about this very problem doing back to 2012, so, yes, it is not unique to me. The fact that I have 2 of the same phones that both have developed this problem at the same time after having no issues for 2 year's makes me wonder if it is not a ploy to get us to buy new phones. Both phones still work fine, as long as we charge them with the phones turned off.

Sent from my Verizon Motorola Droid

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those clarifying details, manmk. We certainly want to help get down to the bottom of your charging issue. You mentioned this happened after two years, at the same time on both devices. What changed around this time? (software update, settings, etc.) Using a wireless charger is apart of the troubleshooting process to help get to the cause of your charging issue. Please complete a health check on both devices: http://spr.ly/6584DaPAu Let us know of your results.

Chakia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes