My droid razr maxx is discharging too fast
RAD51

My droid razr maxx battery is discharging too fast  the battery  went  to heck  so what can verizon do for me?

there is no way these droid razr maxxes can reconditioned the battery  is totaly sealed,

so this means  i with out phone?

can some one tell what verizon can  about this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My droid razr maxx is discharging too fast
B33
Legend

Not necessarily Motorola has this site if your Battery has to be Replaced:  And here is the Site and the Terms.. and this is the only way it can replace and keep the Warranty of your Device..  b33

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/82492/p/30,6720,8417

Service

1. How can I tell if my DROID RAZR MAXX needs service?
  2. How do I get my DROID RAZR MAXX serviced?
  3. How long will my DROID RAZR MAXX service take?
  4. Will the data on my DROID RAZR MAXX be preserved?
  5. How do I ship my DROID RAZR MAXX for service?
  6. How do I check the status of my DROID RAZR MAXX service request?

Warranty

1. How long is my DROID RAZR MAXX covered by Motorola’s warranty?
  2. How can I tell if my DROID RAZR MAXX is in-warranty?
  3. What type of damages are not covered by my warranty?
  4. Can I extend service coverage on my DROID RAZR MAXX beyond the warranty?
  5. My DROID RAZR MAXX is not eligible for warranty service. What are my service options?

Accessories

1. One of my DROID RAZR MAXX accessories isn't working. Can I order a replacement?

Service

How can I tell if my DROID RAZR MAXX needs service?

Visit our DROID RAZR MAXX Support Site for helpful troubleshooting information.

If you have reviewed the troubleshooting steps on the site and you're still not sure whether your device requires service, you can contact us in several ways. CLICK HERE for contact details.

How do I get my DROID RAZR MAXX serviced?

Please visit our online repair submission page.

How long will my DROID RAZR MAXX service take?

The standard repair time is 5 business days once your device is received.

Will the data on my DROID RAZR MAXX be preserved?

We will make every attempt to preserve your data, however it is always recommended to backup your data before service submission.

Motorola and/or its Authorized Service Centers are not responsible for the loss or misuse of such data, files, content, applications and programs.

How do I ship my device for service?

Once you complete the repair submission you will be given instructions on where to ship you device for repair. You will be required to pay for the inbound shipping and Motorola will cover the freight back to you. Please place your device(s) into a well-padded box before shipping it to Motorola. When shipping the device to Motorola, please use a traceable method such as Federal Express, UPS, etc.

How do I check the status of my DROID RAZR MAXX service request?

Please visit our Repair Status page.

Warranty

How long is my DROID RAZR MAXX covered by Motorola’s warranty?

Motorola's Limited Warranty for the DROID RAZR MAXX covers your device for one year.

Warranty service for eligible repairs is available at no charge for twelve months from the date of original retail purchase ("date of purchase").

How can I tell if my DROID RAZR MAXX is in-warranty?

Visit our DROID RAZR MAXX Support Site and follow the steps for submitting a device for repair.

After you enter your serial number you will be prompted with the warranty term for your device.

What type of damages are not covered by my warranty?

Damage and/or performance issues that result from contact with any liquid, water, rain or extreme humidity are excluded from warranty coverage.
Motorola will not repair or replace liquid-damaged products. They will be returned unrepaired.

Can I extend service coverage on my DROID RAZR MAXX beyond the warranty?

At this time Motorola is not offering extended service coverage.

My DROID RAZR MAXX is not eligible for warranty service. What are my service options?

Motorola offers several convenient repair programs for Out-of-Warranty repair at a fee:

Repair Service

Fee

Display Only Repair*

$100 plus applicable taxes

Out-of-Warranty

$159 plus applicable taxes

Battery Only Replacement

$49 plus applicable taxes

Physical Damage

$159 plus applicable taxes

*Note: The Display only repair covers damage to the display or lens only.
Any repairable damage to the device outside of the display or lens would be covered under the Out Of Warranty repair fee..

The out-of-warranty flat rate fees will enable you to submit your unit online for repair at our DROID RAZR MAXX Support Site

Accessories

One of my DROID RAZR MAXX accessories isn't working. What options do I have?

Under Motorola’s warranty policy, Motorola will repair or replace the accessory as long as your device is in warranty and shows no sign of physical abuse.

CLICK HERE for the replacement options.

CLICK HERE to purchase an accessory for your DROID RAZR MAXX

0 Likes
RAD51

ok,,,, but it'sseal battery thou

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think what it is saying is you can send in your phone to Motorola and they can replace the battery for a fee and you keep your warranty on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That is Correct!  The OP can send the Device in and for the Fee the Battery will be replaced and OP you might when checking on this ask if they replace the Back with a new Cover... when they change your battery.. 

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Are you sure it is actually a battery issue and not an App Issue? If you have an app on your phone that is trying to connect to get updates (Backup Assistant, Facebook, etc...) and the sync is taking too long or times out, it will start the sync again.

I would install 2 apps on th ephone. Onavo Count so you can see which apps are using data, and a good Battery Level Program such as Circle Battery Widget (NOT A BATTERY OPTIMIZER) . The Battery app will tell you which apps are using the battery and when. Recently on my GF's Incredible 2, Facebook was in a never ending Sync loop and it would drain her battery in about an hour. we cleared the data and cache and it syncs right up and th ebattery lasts 6-7 hours.

0 Likes
RAD51

yes it is the battery all the apps are on auto shut off.

I thought this phone has great  battery life

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

My son has a Maxx, and on average he goes to sleep with 70% battery left on his phone. throughout the day his GPS is tracking him so I know where he is at all times, and he knows it is tracking him (I track him because he is disabled and gets lost very easily, not to punish him or anything else), he also added a Weather widget to his desktop, and usually plays a few hours of games. He gets very few emails and very few texts, but is on the phone 2-3 hours a day as well as the other stuff.

To me that is pretty impressive battery life on a smart phone.

So let me ask a few questions then on your phone.

do you have Smart Actions set up on your phone?

Did you install the other apps to see which ones are using the battery / data? The Auto off on the apps does not work with every app, especially the Verizon apps or Slacker Radio, or City ID, etc... so even though you have auto off turned on, these apps can bypass the command and still fire up.

If they do not have a valid data connection, they cannot really do anything and will shut back off again.

Are you using any type of Task Killer?  If so remove it from your phone. they are counter productive and force programs to auto start as they trick the OS into thinking you use the app more then you do so it moves it to the allow on side of the house.

Do you use FaceBook? If so, go to Manage apps>Facebook and see how much Data is stored and how much CACHE is stored. If you are over 5mb on either of these select the clear Data and clear Cache to reset these to ZERO (if you do this you will need to log back in but will not lose any data). When you get over 5mb of either of these it takes longer for the phone to sync the data with FB, and it runs in a sync circle. Clearing this allows FB to sync faster, and uses less battery

0 Likes
B33
Legend

It does but there is some Management Fields can you set for it.. Jake has some real Good suggestions and if using a Task killer i would as Jake mentioned get Rid of it. Now on my Two Maxx's i use System Panel the Paid Version i'v been using it since buying my First Droid my Droid X and Wildman suggested it me i put it on my X and my incredible and moe my two Maxx's. Its a Very app and it Will inform you of what your phone is Doing. So you might give it a Try.. 

0 Likes
RAD51

I try I have task killer installed and and a battery improvement

the droid razar maxx should be only charged once a day

0 Likes