Re: My droid razr maxx is discharging too fast
B33
Legend

Rad you really don't Need a Task Killer as they tend to do more harm than Good, Each time they kill and App the app will re-start and by doing that it eats at the battery..

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Auto Shut off does not stop the app from using the Battery and Data. With the APP shut off, it will start itself and check for updates and try to sync data if it can. All the Auto Shut off does is tell the phone to turn of any app that is idle for longer then 4 minutes (I believe it is 4).

What you need to do is look at 2 things as they go hand in hand.

Setup Onavo Count on your phone (this is a Data Tracking App) and also Battery Widget (not an optimizer).

Let these run for a day or two and look at the data it is collecting. Battery widget will tell you which apps are using the Battery Directly, and Onavo will tell you which apps are using Data (this is very important for battery life as to use data, it must use the battery as well).

Use Onavo to set ANY application that has not already been disabled to only look for or use data when connected to Wifi. You will want to leave your email, Facebook, text etc... set to mobile data, but things like Backup Assistant, VZ Navigator, Slacker etc... change to Wifi Only.

My experience with some of these apps is, Backup Assistant will get caught in a loop and try to sync and continue to try to sync and it could run for 72 hours or until you do a battery pull. Also Facebook will store a lot of data on the phone and make the Facebook updates take forever.  You should clear the Facebook Data and Cache every two weeks (or more depending on usage). You will NOT lose anything and all you will need to do is re log in after you clear the data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RAD51,

Good afternoon! I'm sorry that the battery is not up to par! You've provided a great deal of details. If you have also ruled out potential software issues by performing a hard reset (steps http://bit.ly/PGGi5g) already, then please send me (AdamE_VZW) a direct message for further support.

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter

0 Likes