My droid turbo is seriously overheating.
Dirk625

Even in safe mode it reaches temps of over 100F when using you tube. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My droid turbo is seriously overheating.
Snn5
Legend

115 to 125 is normal for most modern day phones running intensive operations.  You got to think; bigger screens, more cores, faster CPUs and GPUs. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How high over 100 degrees F?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Streaming video is going to tax any computer or phone.  I use gsam battery monitor and if I'm "playing hard" with the phone using apps for a long period of time or watching any video mine will regularly go to around 103 F or more.  I don't think that is really that hot or unusual.  Heck, I live in Phoenix and the outside temp can exceed 110, so if I'm outside a long time I know the phone is going to be over 100.  At rest, sitting on my desk inside an air conditioned building, my Turbo will drop to as low as 75.

0 Likes
Dirk625

I sit in an office that is kept at 70 or lower yet I can't even play a few

games of Ruzzle before the phone goes up to 105F

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I see 115 regularly when playing games or HD video on my quad core 5.2 inch G2.  Doesn't sound too hot, however, I have a case on mine too, so it might stay warmer and also means I dont feel the heat.

0 Likes
Dirk625

I used to keep mine in an otterbox case but the temps were reaching over

120. So I don't keep it in a case anymore. I even turn the brightness all

the way down. I took a few apps off like my virus scanner, so far nothing

has helped. I think I am just gonna get the Note 5 when it comes out.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

115 to 125 is normal for most modern day phones running intensive operations.  You got to think; bigger screens, more cores, faster CPUs and GPUs. 

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Yes Dirk, I think this is just normal for all these devices.  I don't think there is anything wrong with yours.  I just did a cache clear on mine which took about 20 minutes and when it came back on just sitting on a marble (cool) table it was 104 degrees. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Why does it take 20 min to do a cache clear?

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

I don't know why it takes that long on the Turbo.  When I had Samsung devices it only took maybe a minute.  Some are saying on other forums that it also re-formats the partition, which could be why it takes longer.  If you notice in the small letters on the bottom left while it is clearing it does say formatting. 

0 Likes