My gps is not working. I cannot use turn-by-turn navigation in google maps. I downloaded a GPS test app and it showed my phone is not locking on any satellites. How can I correct this?
wplaxico

My gps is not working.  I cannot use turn-by-turn navigation in google maps.  I downloaded a GPS test app and it showed my phone is not locking on any satellites.  How can I correct this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My gps is not working. I cannot use turn-by-turn navigation in google maps. I downloaded a GPS test app and it showed my phone is not locking on any satellites. How can I correct this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We certainly want to make sure you get the most out of the GPS, wplaxico! Was this tested primarily outdoors? When did this begin? Any other recent apps of updates installed when this started?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: My gps is not working.  I cannot use turn-by-turn navigation in google maps.  I downloaded a GPS test app and it showed my phone is not locking on any satellites.  How can I correct this?
lady1967rider

I was experiencing this same issue when I first bought the Droid Maxx, but then I activated the Assist app, which was at no additional charge. Open the app and you will find 4 catagories, Driving, Meeting, Sleeping and Home. Tap on driving and then check talk to me and now your google maps will talk to you and the phone will also alert you to text messages only when you are driving and it will read you the messages and reply what you tell it to. This app has been a real life saver for me.

0 Likes