My phone is saying it has a message but there isn't one
Seanroberts1

I believe it is issues with multimedia. my girlfriend tries to send me pics but they don't come through

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My phone is saying it has a message but there isn't one
B33
Legend

Are you running your phone through Wi-Fi or Network ?  if Wi-Fi switch to the Network.! and you might try clearing your phones cache or just running a power cycle.. b33

rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

good morning Seanroberts1 may I ask if this is a new phone and if not  how long has this been an issue ..

you also state you are unable to receive picture text..  so if I understand you correctly,,, messages with attached picture or just a picture you are unable to receive... can you received normal text ,, one without a picture??

once we understand all that is or isn't happening we will be able to get you fixed ..thanking you in advance

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

sorry I have one more question.. are these messages standard TEXT MSG or are they coming from an email account..

if text messages,, are they coming  from an iPhone?

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

MMS requires mobile data on and I would go with both a message app cache clear and system cache clear as #3 said .
Also as rtiffin posted we need you to give a bit more information on message type.

Seanroberts1

I've only had the phone about a month.  it was just a straight picture she was trying to send me and it notified there was a message but nothing showed in my messages, I do believe it it's from the mobile data being turned off, but I was able to send a picture without it on?? it's just a text between two Droid MAXX phones.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

What texting app are you using?

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Seanroberts1 so sorry I was away from my computer.. you mentioned you HAD mobile data turned off.. have you turned that on?? and if so, have you had her try and resend a picture text to you..

also do you have any email accts linked to YOUR phone... example .. gmail . . . an email program from work or  yahoo etc... any type? if so do those messages come in ok... I know I am throwing  a lot at you and hopefully it was/is just the data being turned off as I do that a lot with my blackberry and learned that trick when I used my droid... but there still might be a link to another area.. I have book marked a few things that could relate to the cause of this..

ONE more thing .. you stated this Droid Maxx...  there is actually 3 different ones .. Droid Maxx .. Droid Razr Maxx and the Droid Razr Maxx HD  ... please let me know which one you are using ... will try and stay close for a while.. thanking you in advance for you patience and for supplying us with the information request.. if you are not sure on the actually model.. you may get that in the section above the community under your acct by going to MY VERIZON...

0 Likes
rtiffin
Contributor - Level 3

Sean I am attaching a link for you.. it is how to get to your manual from your phone.. you can review what I am thinking starting at the message section on page 33 ...

Tip: You don’t need to carry this guide with you. You can view all topics

in your smart phone ...  from the home screen ...

tap Apps > Help, tap ?  in the top left, then tap

On-device tutorials, FAQs, or How-tos

your want to look for messages .. when I look at the manual (which you can also do above) under My Verizon in your acct   it is pg 33 ..

what I am looking at here is the way it states to view a message with an attachment.. difference from opening it to saving it.. please look at that and see if that clears this issue up.. either way let me know .. .. I am thinking it might since you have not mentioned any other issues but the one..

0 Likes