My phone sometimes does not ring when someone is calling me.
GERPIK28
Enthusiast - Level 2

The no-ring on my Android phone is not consistent.  It does not happen to the same caller every time; it does not happen at the same time of day.  The no-ring is frustrating for me (missing the call) and the caller (forced to leave a voice message).  Once I hear about the no-ring, I've tried to call my cell from another phone and it rings! 

When I see this topic in the Forum, it is "blocked".

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My phone sometimes does not ring when someone is calling me.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? Do you have any "Do Not Disturb" rules for silencing the ringer for certain times of day or location?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GERPIK28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Droid Turbo XT1254, running Android 6.0.1

I have no idea how to set (or find) the option to set "Do Not Disturb" rules for silencing the ringer for certain times of day or location. I’m willing to look, but I’m doubtful that there are any set.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Moto app and Sound & Notification under Settings both have some volume controls based on the location or time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
GERPIK28
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK. I found the settings – thanks.

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I did up the volume to max.

On some no-rings, the caller informed me that it went to voice mail immediately. Not sure if that’s significant…

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also check the contact information for that person on your phone and see if it is set to go straight to voicemail. Open Contacts > scroll to the specific person's contact listing > select it to view > touch the hamburger menu > see if send to voicemail (or similar wording is noted).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I really appreciate you checking into all these settings, GERPIK28. I know this is frustrating and I’d like to clarify one very important detail. When you are noticing the phone is not ringing, do you still end up seeing a missed call notification on your phone’s call history or only the notification of a new voice mail? When this happens, do you have to do anything to the phone (restart, go to a different room or location, etc) for the phone to ring properly again?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GERPIK28
Enthusiast - Level 2

A friend tried to call me today, around noon. I never got the call – it did not ring on my cellphone (ringer and notification volumes were not changed from when “we” set them up last night). I checked with the caller and they indicated that they heard the indications of the call “ringing” and then their call went to voice mail. On my phone, I had a voice message. The call itself was not listed under “RECENT” calls. The voice message was noted as being at 12:45 today. The caller is a Verizon user as well.

When there is no-ring, there is no indication to me that it has happened (unless the caller leaves an email). I do not have to do anything different to make the phone work again.

The

GERPIK28
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not sure what a “hamburger menu” is? I don’t think my “Contacts” offers it. When I open the contact, there is typically an option to email (on the right) and an option to phone (on the left). I cannot find anything that would do what you suggest – direct call to voice mail during a time window.

I tried the phone in question last night. Called my cellphone. It worked just fine.

It’s the phone that failed to generate a ring on my phone at noon today!

Worst scenario – sometimes it works; sometimes there’s no-ringtone. I have no way to predict when it will work (or not).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The hamburger menu is also called the overflow menu and is three vertical dots or lines hence the "hamburger" name.

Screenshot_20170110-163332.png

Screenshot_20170110-163337.png

0 Likes