My turbo droid will not send texts unless I turn power off and on...status stays on sending until then. What's the difference between the green messaging icon and the sms texting app?
mimicolleen

My turbo droid will not send texts unless I turn power off and on...status stays on sending until then. What's the difference between the green messaging icon and the sms texting app?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: My turbo droid will not send texts unless I turn power off and on...status stays on sending until then. What's the difference between the green messaging icon and the sms texting app?
Snn5
Legend

I wouldn't think you'd have more than one messaging app on the phone unless you downloaded a 2nd app.  One is stock and the other perhaps 3rd party.   Is one of them Verizon Messages+?

0 Likes
Re: My turbo droid will not send texts unless I turn power off and on...status stays on sending until then. What's the difference between the green messaging icon and the sms texting app?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

mimicolleen wrote:

What's the difference between the green messaging icon and the sms texting app?

The green messaging icon is for the Motorola text app; the red messaging icon is for Verizon Messages.  You can switch between the two text apps whenever you want (when you open whichever app you aren't using, you'll see a note at the top of the screen asking if you want to make it the default messaging app).

Verizon Messages (the red app) should send/receive picture texts over wi-fi as well as a Verizon data connection.  The Motorola app (the green one) will only send picture texts when connected to the Verizon network.

Which of the two apps are you currently using?  Are all texts 'stuck' sending?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your text messages are working properly. On the Turbo, how long have you had the issue with having to power the phone on and off when texting? Which application are you using for texting? You mentioned a green icon and an sms icon. Please share the details?

SheritaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mimicolleen

I've had my phone a few months. The green icon is what I'm using. The other one is red and is called messagnger +.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Mimicolleen,

Thanks for the additional details! Lets get this fixed. Has there been any liquid or physical damage to the device? When the issue occurs how many bars of signal are appearing on the device? Does the issue only occur indoors at one location or everywhere?

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mimicolleen

There has been no damage of any kind. I don't recall how many bars. It happens everywhere. It happens more often when I'm sending pictures or text to more than one person.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your troubleshooting mimicolleen! When you use the Verizon Messages+ do you have any issues? Please send yourself a message and let me know if you do receive it. Are you having any other issues other then sending pictures? Are you able to send text?

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mimicolleen

I've never used messenger +. I have had issues with text and pictures.

0 Likes
mimicolleen

Yes I did receive text from myself

0 Likes