My turbo runs hot and battery lasts less than 8 hours since lolipop update. How can I get old OS back on my phone?
bottch

My turbo runs hot and battery lasts less than 8 hours since lolipop update.  I have not changed any settings since update. Email uses 71% of my battery according to settings. I have received 5 emails and sent 1. How can I get old OS back on my phone?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My turbo runs hot and battery lasts less than 8 hours since lolipop update. How can I get old OS back on my phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't go back to the previous version of the OS.

Might I suggest, removing the email account from the phone for 24 hours and see if the phone runs better and longer. Then add the email account again and test the phone battery again for another 24 hours. The email server settings associated with that email account might be wrong for the Lollipop 5.1 OS version or it could have changed since you originally added to the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My turbo runs hot and battery lasts less than 8 hours since lolipop update. How can I get old OS back on my phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't go back to the previous version of the OS.

Might I suggest, removing the email account from the phone for 24 hours and see if the phone runs better and longer. Then add the email account again and test the phone battery again for another 24 hours. The email server settings associated with that email account might be wrong for the Lollipop 5.1 OS version or it could have changed since you originally added to the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bottch

Removed email account. Drained battery. Charged without turning on. Reloaded email account. Now uses 2.5% of battery per hour instead of 10-12% prior. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes