Neighbors network extender
Taylorj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you make the new Verizon network extender a closed network? All of our devices are connecting to there's and its been a huge problem!

0 Likes
Re: Neighbors network extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, I know how important is to be connected to the 5G Internet. I'm more than happy to help you view the inconvenience you are having. Please send us a private message, so we can gather more details regarding your coverage.

>Bris

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Taylorj wrote:

Can you make the new Verizon network extender a closed network? All of our devices are connecting to there's and its been a huge problem!

If you have a good relationship with your neighbor, you might ask them to try reducing the transmit powerTransmit Power.jpg of the extender's signal.  At least, they could reduce it in steps to see at which what level your devices don't connect, but theirs do where they need it.  This can be done in the extender's SETTINGS.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Taylorj
Enthusiast - Level 3

The neighbor gave me the password to the extender and I turned down the power but our phones are still connected to it. I verified to make sure its there extender and it is. User guide says you can make it a closed network but you can't and verizon engineers is no help over the phone. We can't do anything because when we make a phone call , we are right at the line where it continuously connects and disconnects to it. This is like tech trespassing! Haha its crazy how you can't make it a closed network.  Why spend over $100 a month when we can't even use our phones. I've filed a complaint when FCC and a email is heading towards headquarters.  Maybe they will have better luck getting this fixed than I have had. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
¡Hi Taylorj! Thanks for contacting Verizon Social Media team. Please contact us through Facebook or Twitter for a personal assistance.

>Apollo

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Taylorj wrote:

The neighbor gave me the password to the extender and I turned down the power but our phones are still connected to it. I verified to make sure its there extender and it is. User guide says you can make it a closed network but you can't and verizon engineers is no help over the phone. We can't do anything because when we make a phone call , we are right at the line where it continuously connects and disconnects to it. This is like tech trespassing! Haha its crazy how you can't make it a closed network.  Why spend over $100 a month when we can't even use our phones. I've filed a complaint when FCC and a email is heading towards headquarters.  Maybe they will have better luck getting this fixed than I have had. 

How far did you turn down the power?  Did you do a reboot on the extender after turning down the power?

0 Likes
Taylorj
Enthusiast - Level 3

Turned it down to 20percent

0 Likes
Taylorj
Enthusiast - Level 3

I dont have Facebook or twitter....

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Taylorj wrote:

Turned it down to 20percent

What if you turn it down to the minimum for a test, 10%?  And a reset/reboot?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We can have our engineers adjust things. You will have to have your neighbor reach out to us. 

-Jenelle

0 Likes