New Droid MAXX won't activate
daylu

I've tried activating all over town and it keeps failing.  This is to replace an existing device. Is this a pervasive problem since they have just been released?  I can't seem to get any support.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: New Droid MAXX won't activate
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What, specifically, have you tried to activate?  Some basic steps in case you haven't tried these yet:

Turn OFF the old (existing) phone.  Go online to your MyVerizon account, and choose "Activate a new device" and follow the prompts.  If your existing is a 4G device, you can add the IMEI in MyVerizon when asked, use the same SIM card if it is the same size - and turn on the new phone.  Or use the new SIM  card you should have for MAXX and turn the phone on.  Do you get an error message?

You can also try calling customer service from another phone line (not the one you are wanting to activate the MAXX on) and have the rep get you through the process.

You can go to a Verizon store and have them perform the activation.

If none of this works, we may need more information to troubleshoot ...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there daylu!

It's always so exciting to get a new phone! We definitely need to make sure this is activated right away! At times the activation can be delayed. I usually recommend waiting at least 10 minutes. If after 10 minutes have passed and the activation hasn't completed I would power the device down, remove the sim for about 10 seconds, reinsert and power back on. This will restart the activation process. Here is some additional information on activating your device: http://vz.to/1clKCEr   

Were you able to get your phone activated? Please respond if you still have concerns! Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
n_rad

I am having the same problem.  After terrible support after I went to purchase the phone (you would not believe how hard it was to get to be able to organize the ordering of $299 phone--spent at least 1.5 hours already on the phone trying to make sure the purchase was completed), now this. 

After following the procedure (backup contacts, switch off old phone, call 800# to activate new phone, turn on new phone) and activating 4-5 times with no success, I tried the online activation.  This said it was successful, but again tried activating 4-5 times with no success.  Error message varied between telling me to call the 800 number to activate and saying the signal was poor.

I went online and got chat support from a Verizon rep.  I was told by the rep I chatted with that I had to call in and speak with a specialized rep to activate my phone.  But, of course, they are not open because I live on the west coast and support ends early evening.  I am ready to return this phone and cancel my Verizon service, which I even upgraded when I bought the phone.  I am embarrassed to be a Verizon customer--the company should be ashamed of the way it has behaved throughout this process.  Final straw was the attitude of the rep who assisted via chat, kept finishing sentences with a "!" as though I should be excited to wait 8 hours to activate my phone.   APPALLING.

0 Likes
RadialXX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same Problem, New Droid Maxx wont activate... it was purchased under the new EDGE program. There is an issue in verizons programming that will not allow activation because have unlimited data on my current contract and updating to EDGE you have to get different Data package... no Tech or IT at Verizon can figure it out, its been only 24 hours since I got my phone, but This issue evidently started Monday when they released the EDGE program. I was told I could take my phone back, but what good does that do, another phone will do the same thing unless I pay full price and stay on my old contract.... bad deal all around Verizon... very unhappy customer right now... 1 bad droid 4 with no speakers and 1 awesome Droid Maxx that neither phone are worth a crap right now!!!

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Yep, it is the EDGE program I was going to ask about. Apparently, EDGE and activation do not play well together.

0 Likes
Gregc72
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my Droid MAXX on Tuesday on the EDGE program also. Still no activation. Last time I talked to customer service on Friday I was told to pretty much forget about it until Tuesday. I've probably spent a total of 8 hours on the phone with them trying to get this thing sorted out. It was Friday that I first found reports of others having the same issue with their edge activation's. I guarantee there are a lot more customers then those here having the same issue.

To take 3 day weekend with something like this hanging in the air is unacceptable. I work IT, if a problem like this was causing these types of issues, I guarantee I would be at work all weekend into the holiday fixing it AND I would have to answer to my boss and his boss and his bosses boss, etc. as to why I rolled out a system without properly testing it (If I kept my job).

This is absolutely ridiculous. The CSR people have been awesome and tried everything under the sun to try and get it to work for me. I'm very happy with them, they had to bubble it up to the corporate IT guys, which I haven't heard at all from, an update or something saying that they were working on it and a possible eta would be awesome. Extremely frustrated.

On a side note, I've got the phone working on wifi an been using it with Google voice and I love it, makes it that much harder that I can't use it as a real phone.

RadialXX
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hopefully this will be resolved soon. Seems to me that Verizon wireless should figure someway to compensate us for 5 days or better of no activation. We paid for a service that was not provided, other than the we have the phone and accesories in hand, they are useless without activation. I am wondering if VW is even listening to us, there tech department at all, I just cant fathom the higher ups not demanding the IT department work round the clock to fix this problem...this is a major major screw up.

<< Minor edit to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Like a pillow, we are here to support you Gregc72! I know that you are super eager to use all of the amazing features of your new Droid Maxx! We are committed to ensuring that you are able to do just that! May I ask were you able to get it activated yet? If not then please advise as to what error message that you are getting. If you prefer to communicate privately then feel free to send me a private message so we can assist.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Keep your pillow, PLEASE read the thread, ALL these posters received their devices under the EDGE program. No one has been able to activate their devices. This has gone on since last Thursday.

Hopefully when someone came back from holiday yesterday they corrected the ludicrous issue.