New Droid Razr M
globrien

I recently purchased my first smartphone (a Droid Razr M) with a Verizon contract.  I've been a Tracphone user for over 12 yrs with the phone being a Motorola W376g.  I'm finding that I don't have as constant signal coverage with the Drioid on a Verizon contract as I had on Tracphone (which was contracted thru Verizon also).  Places that I had good reception I have no reception.  It's very flustrating!   WHAT GIVES??? 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: New Droid Razr M
Padre_King

Its the towers in your area.  Change the phone from GLOBAL to CDMA in the settings.  This should get you on the towers.  Data charges may appy as you'll probably be roaming.  So check with Verizon for more details.

Also, word of warning, if you stream music or videos even when connected to wifi your going to incurr data minute usage unless you turn off a data setting on the phone from the quick settings menu!

0 Likes
globrien

Why would data charges apply since I have unlimited calling/texting.

I don't stream music or videos---so no problem there.

0 Likes
Padre_King

Beats me as well.  If I left the settings to allow data over network it logged the bytes I used to say download ebooks over wifi on the data usage.  This drove my 5G to empty and added charges on my bill.  This I considered unethical and thusly canceled my phone contract even though I have to pay the sub 400.00 to get rid of the thing.

0 Likes