No Facebook contacts since upgrade to Kit Kat
atrain97

My Droid Razr M was just updated to Kit Kat.  So far, it seems to run very smoothly.  However, previously, I was able to display my Facebook contacts under the People app on the phone.  It would also sync with the contacts in my Google account, so that any matched contacts would display their profile picture.  I checked the Contacts to Display in the People app, and Facebook no longer even shows as an account.  I really miss those contacts, as once synced, any extra information in Facebook was displayed, without updating Google manually.  Thank you for your help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No Facebook contacts since upgrade to Kit Kat
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love having my Facebook contacts synced with my phone too, atrain97. When you go to Settings>Accounts, tap Facebook then tap your account. There's an option to sync contacts that needs to be checked. Is this checked? When was the last sync according to this screen?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
bee_hutch
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine also will not do this.  I reported it to Verizon tech support who said to check the settings; Forcing the sync did not work. They said to uninstall the facebook app.  This actually isn't possible as facebook comes pre-installed on the phone.  I removed my facebook account and re-added it hoping it would sync.  That did not work either.  I read reviews online that this functionality is gone from the Razr M with Kit Kat.  Sucks.  Along with all of the other issues I have had, I guess this means I have to switch phones and I won't be getting another Motorola after this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bee_hutch lets get you back in the loop! What happens when you check the Settings >Account> Facebook.What other issues are you having?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter

0 Likes
atrain97

When I got to Accounts, Facebook, it shows my email address. When I click on the menu icon (3 vertical boxes), it says Sync now or Remove. When I click Sync now, nothing happens. I have tried removing the app, and reinstalling. I just received this replacement phone (my last Razr M wouldn't turn on), so there is very little apps on it to interfere. I made sure Facebook was updated to the latest version, and still can't find any Sync option like their used to be.

Aaron C. Austin

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

atrain97 we'll get to the bottom of this and make sure the device is running smoothly! Have you tried to remove/add the account from the settings?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
atrain97

Yes, I did remove the account, and then added it back. I still do not have the contacts.

Aaron C. Austin

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your efforts atrain97! It appears that Facebook is no longer allowing native Android client contacts to sync. Others have resolved this issue by downloading third party applications. A Google search will provide you with different application recommendations to accomplish sync.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
tbohl

I am in the belief that when you update software you do not remove operational functionality, either leave it as it is or improve on it. Unacceptable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tbohl  We understand the importance of having a fully functioning phone. Manufactuers Updates definitely are created to improve the device functionality. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sheritah_vzw

Follow us on Twitter

@VZWSupport

0 Likes