No more CDMA only option?
Tzar

For the last year or so, I have had no problems getting LTE at work, however since Monday of this week, it just never comes in. It also looks like it is never even looking for 3G or 1X. In the past, in order to fix the problem, I have switched the phone to look for CDMA only. Now it looks like there has been a software update and the only options are LTE/CDMA, Global or GSM/UMTS. The CDMA only option has been removed, and my phone refuses to look for CDMA. Thanks, Ice Cream Sandwitch. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I have tried a hard reboot, and airplane mode, with no results.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No more CDMA only option?
B33
Legend

Tzar  you might have a Look in the Google Play store there was a App at one time that had the CDMA option it may still be there.. Good Luck searching and Welcome to the Forum's Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

I believe that was called 4G Toggle and it is still on Play Store

B33
Legend

Thanks Jake I was thinking it was called something like that but wasn't for sure.Smiley Happy b

0 Likes
Tzar

Thank you Jake, but I just tried it and all it actually does is make a shortcut to the window that allows you to choose what option you want. Since CDMA only is not an option, it still does not get me CDMA. Thanks for trying though.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

The actual setting is NOT CDMA only. you need to select the CDMA AUTO (PRL) option

B33
Legend

Hey Jake do you remember back what was it year ago know when there was a need for this app I didn't use it myself but they were a few that did..I was trying to remember when it was..

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

It was about a year ago. Right when Jelly Bean came out for the Bionic as JB removed the option so you had to either use the third party tool, or use the Moto code to get into it and set it.

B33
Legend

Yep you right now I remember wow what goes by in a year thanks again Jake.. b

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tzar,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. I am sorry to hear that you have been having issues with getting 4G at work lately. We certainly want you to always have the best service options available. Have you had any issues with getting 4G outside of the building, or is it only while inside? Although there is no longer a CDMA only button option available, we do suggest to toggle to the Global. As long as you are not near any kind of international border you should not risk incurring any roaming charges. Also we suggest to remove and reinsert the sim card to refresh the network. Please try these steps and keep us updated on the results. We can review other options as well.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes