No notification sound after coming back from being silent/vibrate
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

Periodically I turn my Razr to Silent or Vibrate but after I turn the sound back on, the first or couple incoming, whatever, is still silent.  Its then the 2nd or 3rd incoming whichever actually makes a sound.

Confused?

Step One-Put phone to Vibrate

Step Two-Wait 10min

Step Three-Activate sound again

Step Four-Oooh incoming text but no sound

Step Four-a-Incoming phone call but no sound

Step Five-This is your 2nd incoming text and YAY theres sound

Step Five-a-This is your 2nd incoming phone call and YAY theres sound

Step Six-Every Subsequent incoming Text or Call will have sound

But once I repeat Step One, the remaning steps are also repeated.

Does anyone have this issue?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No notification sound after coming back from being silent/vibrate
Not applicable

Hello Itolman,

I know it's important to get your notifications. I would love to give you some troubleshooting steps to get you back up and running! I also have a couple of questions for you. Has the phone always operated this way? If not, it could be due to an application that was downloaded.You can run your phone in safe mode and turn the notifications off and on. If the notifications work right away, we have our answer! It is due to a third party application. The last step would be a master reset. Make sure to back up your phone before you complete this step.

Click here to view safe mode steps: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=50079

Click here to view master reset steps: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=49625

If you are still having issues, please let us know!

Katie H

Verizon Wireless Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: No notification sound after coming back from being silent/vibrate
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

1-Its a droid Razr it has an internal battery; cannot be removed at all!

2-Phone always operated this way? LOL I dont know

3-Safe mode-well when safe mode is first activated, I sent myself a text message and theres no sound/no notification. When I send another one, there is sound.  Every subsequent message will play appropriately; ONLY the first incoming text being in safe mode = no sound

4-Heres my conclusion.  Next time I perform a master reset I will attempt to try text messages again and download 1 app at a time playing with the sound to narrow it down.

What I did was rather than waiting 10min I just waited a min or so after screen went blank.  Then when I powered on device I use the slide bar and moved to Vibrate, then after a text (myself) came I waited til screen blank again, then I re powered on device (wake up) and moved slide bar to SOUND ON; but still no sound first incoming text

My problem still persists but one day I'll be back after performing a master reboot and again I will test it out without downloading any apps, if it works then you could be right about something I downloaded.  If not then perhaps a software glitch.

I'm still awaiting 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, perhaps that might fix my issue too

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Likes