No-one can hear me!
j_perkins
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received my Droid Razr and everything on the device works great...except the phone feature! I can hear people on the other end no problem. They can't hear me. I tried putting it on speakerphone, and that didn't work either. I was able to make it work during a phone call by plugging headphones into the headphone jack, but if I unplug the headphones, it won't work again. The weird part is that I can still use all of the voice activation features, and talk-to-text. What is going on?

Labels (2)
Re: No-one can hear me!
B33
Legend

Is this a Brand new phone or a Used one ?   Have you tried a few things Like a Power Cycle.. you might try that.. you might possibly have a App that is causing the issue you might try using the phone in Safe mode...

0 Likes
j_perkins
Enthusiast - Level 2

it is a refurbished one.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ok   Give the first suggestion a Try.. see if that renders the issue if not,  you might try a clearing of the cache partition or shutting the phone off then pull the Sim Card for about 10 min. then re-install it see if that gets it going but try the power cycle first..

0 Likes
j_perkins
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not sure how to power cycle. I thought it was to press the volume down button and the power button, but nothing seems to happen.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Press the Power button and your lower volume at the same time about 5 sec after doing the hold the phone will go off Hold and additional 25 sec then release..

0 Likes
j_perkins
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, I did the power cycle to no avail. I tried clearing the cache partition, and removing the sim card also without success. Any other ideas?

B33
Legend

I'd say then there is a serious issue with the handset that when it was returned to Verizon's cellphone re-pair / look it over and send it back out facility)  sorry to put it that way but this has happen in the past and that is what possibly happen to unit you received it's and once again it will have to be sent back and a different one will have to be shipped out to since this happened they who that takes Care of returned may send you a new unit for the trouble your having with this unit..

I'd call if you can Customer Service there Number is  1-800-922-0204   or   *611 via mobile  listen to the prompts and when you get to Option 4 say you want to Talk to a Technical Rep..    Hope you have Luck  b33

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello j.perkins. Oh my! We need to to make sure everyone can hear you. Are your contacts unable to hear you on all calls? I would recommend backing up your information and completing a master reset. http://vz.to/1gPzK6x  After completing a reset, please test your audio and microphone on a call and let us know if this issue continues.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
j_perkins
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did the reset and am still having the issue with the mic.

--- Original Message ---

0 Likes