No option to silence after update?
clio21000

My phone updated yesterday. Now it appears I can't silence it completely - vibrate is the lowest option both when using the volume buttons and when accessing "Sounds" through Settings.  I'm hoping I'm missing something, because if I'm not that's insanely impractical...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: No option to silence after update?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you turn off the vibration, and adjust the volume to 0, that would effectively silence the phone.  The options to set silence or vibrate via the power off button is gone though, and I used that A LOT.  It's no longer as easy to quick change the volume settings.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try turning on the screen with the power button and then adjusting the volume. You should be able to change the volume based on the All, Priority or None options

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Last night, the vibrate option showed up on the screen, along with the All, Priority, and None - previously all I had was a volume slider when attempting to use the volume rocker to change the volume.

It's a combination of setting your default volume under Sounds, then the Vibrate on or off, then Interruptions, and which get priority and when.  I think after a week of having the update, I finally got things reset back to what I had before ... after a few embarassing moments when I THOUGHT I had the phone silenced, and it rang, and getting awakened by email arriving at 2 am.  It seemed it was easier to set up when I first got the Turbo than it was to reset thing after the update.  It's all working NOW, so that's good!

0 Likes