Not Receiving Text Messages or Voice Mails
CynthiaFlew
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Turbo Droid that has worked fine for two years. In the last two weeks, I am suddenly not receiving texts from friends, and voice mails have been delayed, coming in a large wave days after they were made.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not Receiving Text Messages or Voice Mails
CynthiaFlew
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems to have stopped, although I don't receive many texts and calls compared to most...

but yesterday I got several texts with no issue, and a voice mail or two.

If you think it is a good idea, I'll go ahead and swap that SIM card.

Thanks so much for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to be sure your messaging is working the way it should CynthiaFlew. Let's be sure to get this resolved. What is the zip code where you are having the trouble? Were there any changes to your device around the time the issue began such as new apps or updates?

RashadM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CynthiaFlew
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello. Thank you for any help you can provide. Smiley Happy

My zip code is 95614.
I haven't added a thing...
I've power cycled and removed a lot texts I know longer need, since I've seen that as a suggestion.
Still, it is hit and miss... the odd thing is that I get SOME texts from SOME contacts, and if I initiate a text, I can get replies.
Frustrating to say the least.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried replacing the SIM card yet?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CynthiaFlew
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know how to do that...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can get a replacement SIM card for free at a corporate store. Remove SIM Card - DROID TURBO by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CynthiaFlew
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much... but won't that clobber all my data?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think you are thinking of the SD card which is not the same thing as the SIM card. Perhaps you should take time to read the user manual for your device.

0 Likes
CynthiaFlew
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll just pop into a shop. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CynthiaFlew, that is very strange for you to experience on our network. There's nothing wrong with having questions. Let's get this resolved for you. Have you already gone into a store for assistance? What application are you using to text? How do you check your voicemails?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes