Not completely froze..
Jvletbetter

I upgraded to this Droid Maxx maybe two weeks ago and several times my screen has become unresponsive to certain selections. It allowed me to select the phone button, scroll up and down the call list but not recognize my choosing to call someone. Allows dialpad to show but not select numbers. It allowed access to messaging but will not recognize usage of keyboard. Another time after just texting by using the talk to text feature, the bottom half of the screen displayed the black space with microphone (talk to text display) that would not go away no matter which the screen selected. I screen captured that issue. Everything always go back to normal after a quick powerdown ( I do mean quick! Never had a phone come on so fast! Love it.) But it is becoming a regular happening, every other day or so.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Not completely froze..
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jvletbetter -

We want to make sure you're able to fully enjoy your new device. Have you been experiencing these difficulties since the first day? Has there been any recent updates on your phone or have you downloaded any apps?
DaisyP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jvletbetter

It didn't start on the first day but by day three or four is when it first somewhat froze up just after using the talk to text feature for messaging. The apps I've downloaded are Trivia Crack, Words with Friends, Soundhound, ClassDojo, Instagram, Photo Editor Pro, MP3 Ringtone, Music Paradise Pro, and my banks app. When the first issue happened there were only the first four apps installed. As for recent updates, I'm not sure. It says my device is up to date but doesn't list when last updated.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it is important to get your phone working in tip top shape Jvletbetter. You can see if your software is updated here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/motorola-droid-ultra-maxx-update/ I do know sometimes 3rd party application from the Play Store can be a factor on the device freezing. Please put on http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-50079/ safe mode and let me know how it reacts.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes