Re: Not receiving SOME messages in group text conversation (Droid Razr Maxx HD)
ccarroll500

Message sent by "R" 2:04 p.m.

Message sent by "K" (same person as #4) 2:16 p.m.

Message sent by "M" (same person as #6) 2:30 p.m.

Message sent by "J" 2:32 p.m.

Message sent by "K" 2:40 p.m.

Message sent by "S" (same person as #5) 2:47 p.m.

Message sent by "M" 2:54 p.m.

Message sent by "S" 3:02 p.m.

ALL of these 8 messages reported as not delivered, each giving a "download" link which only gives the same error when clicked. HELP!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
ccarroll500

So, if anyone at Verizon Wireless support is even still reading this, I happened to meet up in person with one of the other people involved in the conversation tonight, and it turns out his record of the conversation matches the messages I received, so it appears that I didn't miss any messages after all, which is a bit of a relief.

That still leaves the problem of why my phone is making it look like there are messages I haven't received, and am unable to download. And also the significant lag in many of the messages that are received.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ccarroll, we want this frustration to end for you. Lets get into some troubleshooting to resolve this as soon as possible.

Are you messages full? Sometimes when our texting inbox gets too full it starts to reject messages.

Is your phone's software updated?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s keep working on this issue together, Ccarroll500. Have you noticed any other issues with your device such as with calls or the data service? What zip code are you located in? We would like to check to see if there are any known issues in your local area. Thanks in advance.

ChrisM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ccarroll500

As far as I know, my messages are not full — but how would I know if they were? Can you tell me how to find out if my messages are full?

My phone's software is up to date. Android v. 4.4.2. System version 183.46.15.XT926.Verizon.en.US. Messaging v. 4.4.2-15.

My zip code is 46038, but I work in 46225, which is where I was when some of these problems were taking place.

0 Likes
ccarroll500

As far as I know, my messages are not full — but how would I know if they were? Can you tell me how to find out if my messages are full?

My phone's software is up to date. Android v. 4.4.2. System version 183.46.15.XT926.Verizon.en.US. Messaging v. 4.4.2-15.

My zip code is 46038, but I work in 46225, which is where I was when some of these problems were taking place.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details about your messaging issues ccarroll500 . Thanks for checking software. I know its important to get this working. I don't show any reported issues in your area. ARe you using Verizon messages? Lets clear the app cache. Here is a link with the steps vz.to/1m34Vzi . Keep us posted

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ccarroll500

Thanks for your response. No, I'm not using Verizon messages - I use Next SMS (formerly known as Handcent) as my default messaging app, and also have the stock app, just called "Messaging," that came preinstalled on my Droid. I just now tried clearing the cache on both of these, but it made no difference - the phantom "download" messages still show up and still give an error when I click the "Download" button for them, in either app.

I had briefly installed Verizon messages while all this was going on, to see if it made a difference, but it showed the same thing as the other apps - I've since uninstalled it.

Now that I know I'm not actually missing any messages - the phantom "Download" notifications just made it look like I was - my main concern is the lag time in receiving messages. As far as I can tell, it only seems to happen in fast-moving group text conversations, where I might receive several messages within a few minutes. It doesn't seem to happen in slower-moving group conversations, or in one-on-one conversations. Unfortunately, that makes it hard to reproduce the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there ccarroll500. We want to get to the bottom of this with you. It is great news that you are getting the messages, and that you aren't missing out on some of the information being sent. It is alarming of course that you are getting them on a delay. Have you noticed a pattern on location, perhaps? Does this seem to get better or worse indoors, or when connected to Wi-Fi?

LeoLL_VZW

0 Likes
ccarroll500

Sorry to take so long in replying to you. I happened to be indoors and not on WiFi when these occurred; however, I haven't been outside, or on WiFi, for any comparable high-volume group text conversations so I can't say whether either of those are a factor.

0 Likes