Not receiving calls or text messages
Paul123456789

I have a droid turbo. I have been receiving many complaints lately that people are calling me and texting me and I am not receiving them. It's like this thing has a mind of its own. I have noticed some other complaints of this as well on here. Has there been any resolution for this? I use this device for business calls constantly. It's very frustrating when people can't reach me. I have turned HD calling on and off and restarted the phone several times. The issue for me when you turn off HD calling you can't use the internet or download pic messages while on a phone call. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving calls or text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Paul123456789, my apologies for the trouble you're having with your Droid Turbo. Let's work on this together. What is the impacted zip code this is happening in? When did this trouble begin?

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Paul123456789

I drive truck. I run mostly the upper Midwest States. Like Colorado, Iowa, Nebraska, Minnesota, South Dakota, and North Dakota. This has been going on for a couple of weeks. I have been all over the place. Particularly today I am in Hudson Colorado. Not sure the zip code here.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I haven't been to all those states, I'm familiar with the service levels in a number of them. There are weak spots, but generally speaking you shouldn't have trouble making or receiving calls in those states. Service along the Interstate corridors are particularly good.

Are you not receiving the messages or calls at all? Or is it possible that the phone is recognizing you driving and sending the calls to voicemail for you?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Paul123456789

The phone normally works just fine, I run these same roads all the time. It

doesn't matter if I am driving or sitting still. It says I have 4g and it

still has a mind of its own.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Paul123456789!

Thank you so much for those details. I'd like to thank the community for their input as well. Paul, have you attempted any troubleshooting steps? Please power your phone off, remove the SIM card for about 30 seconds, then reattach the SIM card and power on. See if that makes a difference and let us know the results. Plus, can you also let us know where you are now and if you're still experiencing this issue?

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you haven't already, check the network mode setting and change it to LTE/CDMA mode if it isn't set that way.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cyrus_grt

Surprisingly, this has nothing to do with service or reception. And what's even more surprising is that not every Droid Trubo is affected. My girlfriend and I have the same exact phone and mine drops calls while Advanced Calling is on and hers is perfectly fine in the same exact location. This is extremely frustrating, however I've had no choice, but to keep Advanced Calling off. Verizon needs to figure this one out ASAP!!!!

0 Likes